Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tassiekev
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

AMC & Surround Sound

Go to solution

I have the full HD package including AMC & BT Sport. When watching football in HD, I get surround sound but AMC seemingly only transmits in stereo. I also have a Sky+HD package and, looking at the Sky Guide for AMC, it shows Rectify as 'DD' - Dolby Digital. All other programs broadcast from Sky showing 'DD' are in 5.1.

I was wondering if anyone who has BT via Sky would be able to check if these shows are in fact broadcast with 5.1. If they are, why aren't we getting 5.1 via the Youview box?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
ozsat
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: AMC & Surround Sound

Go to solution

It sounds like a setup problem.

I recorded Fear the Walking Dead last night on my BT box  - and it plays back as 5.1 with the amp reporting 5.1.

Going through the channels now - it is switching between 5.1 and 2.0 as expected.

Check you haven't gone into AD mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
tassiekev
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for responding - hate to show my ignorance but what is AD mode?

And, does this apply with catch-up?

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

AD is Audio Description - on a few programmes there is additional dialogue for the visually impaired and the audio channel is never in 5.1

On my remote AD is easily access by pressing the bottom left button once  -  easily done by accident.

I've just tried the version available as a catch-up and that is NOT 5.1 on BT

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
tassiekev
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ah, the dawn breaks!! Just realised that I was watching the catch-up version of Rectify and not the recorded one. I have it bookmarked and made an incorrect assumption - thought it was good there were no ads:).

I usually only watch football as a live broadcast and everything else is either recorded or downloaded from catch-up - Sky's catch-up is usually 5.1 for Sky channels so I guess I've been spoilt.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to sort this out, much appreciated.

0 Ratings