Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A2robinson
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Ability to record series has disappeared

Go to solution
Has something happened as the majority of my scheduled recordings have disappeared. Which has meant I have missed programmes. Then when I try to put the series record back on, it will only set up the recording for one programme at a time. Where has series record gone !!!! Poor experience as remembering or having the time to record each programme individually is impossible.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ability to record series has disappeared

Go to solution
Is there a pattern in the channels for which this has happened and for those it has not? Usually down to a broadcaster **bleep** up.
0 Ratings
A2robinson
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
No pattern it seems to be random, have tried BBC 1 (a few different series) E4 and Five
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If you can give an example that isn't working then I can test it and raise it with the broadcaster.

Steve

BT TV expertSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
A2robinson
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Hi Steve,

2 examples which I have just checked and still cannot series link are: BBC 1 Homes under the Hammer and Five Neighbours. Both of these have been series linked before. But these and the majority of my other series recordings have dropped out of scheduled recording and cannot be put back in as a series.

Thanks for any help you can give.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@A2robinson wrote:
Hi Steve,

2 examples which I have just checked and still cannot series link are: BBC 1 Homes under the Hammer and Five Neighbours. Both of these have been series linked before. But these and the majority of my other series recordings have dropped out of scheduled recording and cannot be put back in as a series.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Maybe your YouView box has some quality control stopping you watching these 🙂

I've just checked and my own box allows me to series link the Homes Under The Hammer on BBC1 and BBC1 HD also.

I can also series link neighbours on Ch5.

It looks like a problem with your box.

Have you tried restarting it, updating the software?

Anyway I'd best delete these series links from my YouView before it actually records them!

I hope you get this issue resolved.

Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

actually have you tried rescanning the channels?

YouView 'Settings' menu

then TV Signal & Quality - re-tune channels option is the top menu option there...

A2robinson
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Hooray...thanks for the great advice the re-scanning the channels has worked and series record is back !!!! Thanks again
0 Ratings