cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Accurate recordings

Is anybody else having issues on their youview box with accurate ecordings not working? For about a week now on some of the channels (BBC 1, STV & Channel 4 i've noticed) just the bog standard 30 mins/1 houur slot is being recorded meaning the end of some programs are being missed off the recording if they overrun

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Accurate recordings

Yes, as I've been out this week so I recorded the BBC news and its cut a good few minutes off,With every day.  No buffer available, y'know like we had 30 years ago with a VHS, you cannot add any contingency.

Someone will be along in soon to point out that it's the program makers fault.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

@Caher 

In truth it is down to the broadcasters , some being worse than others. But if Youview would ever add the facility of padding , like is available on many other devices , then this would cease to be an issue.  Their stubborn view is that AR is just fine, which is a load of BS.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Weeks later & still no accurate recordings. Any chance the mods can check with the tv team for any issues?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 10

@garybs29wrote:

Weeks later & still no accurate recordings. Any chance the mods can check with the tv team for any issues?

The issue is that the Youview platform isn't up to the job, it's not helped by the broadcasters either. I would think that it's highly unlikely that it's ever going to change either.

It's the same with Series Link, we just have to put up with it!

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

I’m watching the f1 atm on channel 4... I had it record . The clock is 1 minute out. The programme had started 1 minute before the recording started.  And it’s definitely the internal clock as my phone was a minute ahead of it .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

F1 highlights on C4 can be blamed fairly and squarely on the broadcaster as exactly the same happened with the recording on my Digitalstream PVR.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

I’m not so sure. Like I said my phones clock was 1 minute ahead of my bt youview box. So going by phone the programme started on time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

My experience of phone time is that is wildly inaccurate compared to even the cheapest of watches. I prefer to rely on watches and clocks that are synchronised to the atomic clock at Anthorn.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Well it's early days but it appears it's now working on some channels since yesterday but i've still had a couple of recordings where it hasn't. Seems weird to blame broadcasters however when it was happening on every freeview channel

0 Ratings