Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Weeza1978
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Adding programs from search and guide

Hi,

I am new to BT TV and am finding the YouView box not very user friendly!

Is there any way to add a programme from your searches into your ‘My Tv’ and/or set up Series Link?
Likewise, is there any way to add a programme into ‘My Tv’ that has already been on? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Adding programs from search and guide

Hi @Weeza1978 and welcome.

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry you're having problems using your YouView box. Take a look at the userguide for help with this. Can you also let me know which box you're using?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Weeza1978
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi, I’ve read through the guide and it does not mention anything about adding programmes to ‘My Tv’. 
it mentions how to set up a series link from the guide, but this is for programmes that are playing live or yet to play.

Sorry but I have no idea which tv box I have??

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Weeza1978 ,

If you click on the link in my last post you'll see the boxes. Can you let me know which one you have from the pictures?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Weeza1978
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi David, 

it is the first one. Cheers

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

@Weeza1978  Sadly this is something available on the retail version of YouView (called Watchlist) but BT have decided not to implement this.

Here is a link to a good roundup of it (both good and bad) if you are interested, even though you cant get it on a BT variant software.

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/19000106#Comment_19000106

0 Ratings
Weeza1978
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the info! It is very annoying to keep having to search for a program every time I want to watch another episode! BT should definitely have implemented this feature to make it more user friendly! Very frustrating using BT compared with Virgin Media 😞

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

If you go to an EPG, Recordings or Scheduled entry for the programme you are interested in you can select the Search option from there.

Maybe not be exactly what you want but is a case of adapting your usage to what is available.
0 Ratings