cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Aerial Installation & BT contract

Hi there I have jumped ship from Sky and begin with BT TV on the Total Entertainment package with the UHD box tomorrow. As part of the signup process I chose to have TSG install an aerial at half price. Has anyone else also done this and had any issues?

I have a feeling that when they arrive in the morning they may decline to install the aerial due to health and saftey. The only space on the exterior wall is above a conservatory, my question to BT was what happens if they cannot install which they were quite vague on. Firstly will I still be charged as the engineers have visited and secondly am I able to cancel my BT TV contract and send box back as I wont be able to use it without the aerial? Im still within the 14 days of order so assumed I would be ok to cancel?

What I'd do after that is anyones guess as have cancelled Sky too

Any feedback appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Aerial Installation & BT contract

Hmmm, just to add the installer just called and said it may be better to user the Aerial in my loft and just cable internally! From my understanding the housebuilders just installed a basic aerial in the loft, would that suffice? Also lots of info suggesting aerials in loft wont produce a great picture/signal?

Panicking now 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 5

My Loft aerial was installed by the first occupier in the early 1990s ..... then not used until I went for a YV Box 2 years ago - and its fine - I get about 70-75% Signal Strength & 100% Quality .... dunno what rating it is, but it has about 6 or 7 cross pieces  ...

The coax exits the loft thru the Gable end wall and runs down the outside wall before slipping into the Lounge behind the TV

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Ahh ok thankyou for that. My problem lies in the fact the aerial input is on the wrong side of lounge, if as he suggested he just runs a cable around my lounge Ive just paid £60 for a £9.99 extension kit..

Really hoped this was going to run smoothly but maybe not!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Signal depends on so many things, not least the geography of where you live and distance from local mast. I've got 2 telly's running off a pretty old aerial on the side of the house, but with a power booster connected.

And yes, withing 14 days of ORDERING you can return it all for a full refund, no questions.
0 Ratings