cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Aerial Reception Issue for Freeview channels.

I'll get back with these figures later. 

I do have a professional amplifier fitted which was supplied originally by whoever came the second time with an improved aerial as the first one fitted was second best for loft installation and the current one is Italian I recall which was recommended by the engineer.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

@TimCurtis

101 BBC 1 Scot HD

102 BBC TWO HD

103 STVHD

104 Channel 4 HD

105 Channel 5 HD

107 BBC NEWS HD

Signal Strength 92/93%

Signal Quality 100%

107 occasionally gets dropouts. 

233 Sky News

Signal Strength 90/91/92%

Signal Quality fluctuates 

PS

It wouldn't get these figures if it weren't for the amplifier I mentioned earlier. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

@sea2dog 

Several points/questions.

Without the amplifier what sort of figures do you get?

Any issues on the TV itself when viewing via that rather than via the Youview box?

Some would say that a strength figure of 92% is too high for the tuners on the YV boxes - although mine are fine at that level - and that a 80 - 90 range is better. I think later units than mine might need the lower figures.

If the signal is poor generally then an amplifier is only strengthening a weak signal with varying degrees of success.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

@TimCurtis

II can't remember but the were poor without the amplifier.

It's actually an Anti-Interference product, I've attached an image, the out goes to the youview box, and the UHF1 goes to the wall socket that connects up the back of the wall to the loft aerial.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Can't seem to attach the image.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

I can't understand this one little bit, if it was because of the anti interference box then it would surely do this at all times, however tonight we recorded the strictly results and there were many instances of these few seconds of pic and sound dropouts, tonight on that recording there were around 10 instances. We have a decent aerial in the loft however I'm wondering if that is a possible reason for those dropouts.

Sometimes the issue is a complete black screen with no sound, most times it occurs it's a pixelation issue with sound glitch. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings