cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 20

Re: Alexa Voice Control

I've set up the skill and linked it but when , for example, I say "Alexa, search for EastEnders" it brings back Prime results on my Amazon echo Show.  If I I try in on an Echo dot, it says "I couldn't find any enabled video skills that can do that...."

Anyone had similar issues.  I tried disabling it and setting it up again from scratch but it didn't help.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 20

try saying for your first search "Alexa, search Youview for EastEnders"

0 Ratings
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 20

Thanks, tried that there. Echo Show says "here's what I found" and shows results from Prime on the echo show screen.   Same as before. 

0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 14 of 20

On the Alexa app under the BT TV Skill settings you can choose which Alexa device to link.

Steve

0 Ratings
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 20

Got it working using the YouView skill rather than the BT TV one.  Once I got it working, I disabled the YouView skill and set up BT TV skill again but just can't get it to work.  Reverting back to the YouView skill and it starts working again.

Trick was the way I said YouView the first time I asked.  If I said 'Alexa, search You......View' (like 2 words), it didn't like it but saying 'Alexa, search YouView' (all one word quickly) it worked.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 20

I've just got the option today and have the same problem as @ledgie .

Telling Alexa to search for (say) Eastenders just results in Alexa narrating the origin and history of the programme, no use at all

0 Ratings
gcmartin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Re: Alexa Voice Control - a command that works!

Tried several different commands to no avail (especially the  suggested "search for xxxx") but found that the following simple syntax worked for me at last:-

"Alexa YouView Autumnwatch"

Displayed all the available programmes on screen. As others have said you still need to select the one you want using the BT remote but it does make life a bit easier.

0 Ratings
Fidge
Beginner
Message 18 of 20

Yes but it's a waste of time it doesn't work at all! Please let me know when it actually works

0 Ratings
Fidge
Beginner
Message 19 of 20

I had exact same issue, so gave up and came on here to moan about it after 10 mins I asked alexa again and it now appears to be working so looks like a time delay before it will actually work 

0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 20

Re: Alexa Vo.otice Control

It working for me . On both boxs my the t 40000 and on my t 21000 box.

0 Ratings