cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 17

Re: Alexa Voice Control

I've set up the skill and linked it but when , for example, I say "Alexa, search for EastEnders" it brings back Prime results on my Amazon echo Show.  If I I try in on an Echo dot, it says "I couldn't find any enabled video skills that can do that...."

Anyone had similar issues.  I tried disabling it and setting it up again from scratch but it didn't help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 17

try saying for your first search "Alexa, search Youview for EastEnders"

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 17

Thanks, tried that there. Echo Show says "here's what I found" and shows results from Prime on the echo show screen.   Same as before. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 14 of 17

On the Alexa app under the BT TV Skill settings you can choose which Alexa device to link.

Steve

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 17

Got it working using the YouView skill rather than the BT TV one.  Once I got it working, I disabled the YouView skill and set up BT TV skill again but just can't get it to work.  Reverting back to the YouView skill and it starts working again.

Trick was the way I said YouView the first time I asked.  If I said 'Alexa, search You......View' (like 2 words), it didn't like it but saying 'Alexa, search YouView' (all one word quickly) it worked.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 17

I've just got the option today and have the same problem as @ledgie .

Telling Alexa to search for (say) Eastenders just results in Alexa narrating the origin and history of the programme, no use at all

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Re: Alexa Voice Control - a command that works!

Tried several different commands to no avail (especially the  suggested "search for xxxx") but found that the following simple syntax worked for me at last:-

"Alexa YouView Autumnwatch"

Displayed all the available programmes on screen. As others have said you still need to select the one you want using the BT remote but it does make life a bit easier.

0 Ratings