cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

All recordings on box marked as Failed to record.

We have been having the 'ghost' failed to record problem but last night the box went funny and marked all recordings as failed. After a power cycle all recordings disappeared, (no I didn't perform a factory reset). 

This morning all recordings on the box which disappeared last night have now come back, but they are still showing as failed to record, even the ones from last year. Hope we haven't lost all of these recordings.

What is happening with these pro boxes?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: All recordings on box marked as Failed to record.

I've had the same thing happen to me last night... 

Came home after a couple of days away and a recording from Saturday night was still "recording" it said my storage was full (which it wasn't...) and now after a reboot and performing a Keep Recordings Factory Reset through the maintenance menu, they now say failed to record and I show as having 100% available... 

Had a few problems with this box now...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

• We have had a replacement box and so far have had no further problems. How long this will last I don't know only time will tell. 
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Had a similar problem where all the recordings were suddenly marked as Failed. We'd factory reset the box, it would work for a while and the same thing would happen again. In the end we tracked it down (purely by luck due to another bit of kit complaining about the reliability of the internet connection) to a faulty ADSL micro filter. What seemed to be happening was that the connection was being randomly dropped and this repeated action seemed to make the box think it wasn't able to phone home and went into some failsafe mode whereby it cleared all the recordings. I'm purely speculating but I'm wondering if you cancel your BT TV subscription and the box can't "phone home" that it is programmed to mark all recordings as failed. Anyway, this was how I managed to solve the problem and hope it helps someone.

0 Ratings