cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silowe2012
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Am I missing out?

I got BT Infinity 2 installed on 22nd October with BT Vision Essentials. Now I see BT have introduced a YouView package which wasn't available or even mentioned when I ordered.

Does anyone know the procedure for changing to YouView with BT ? I would still want the ability to watch on demand contact but the fact the catch-up channels offer full content (not just best of) and HD channels makes me feel I have been conned a bit...

Thanks,

Simon

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Am I missing out?

BT YouView was officially launched on 26th October, so that is why you wern't told about it.

You are now in a contract for BT Vision, so the only way you can get a YouView box is too buy it in a shop for £260ish or for £299 through BT.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

@drhowells wrote:
BT YouView was officially launched on 26th October, so that is why you wern't told about it.

You are now in a contract for BT Vision, so the only way you can get a YouView box is too buy it in a shop for £260ish or for £299 through BT.

The key date for you would I believe be 20th September as that was when BT issued the press release 

0 Ratings
mikef
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Have you tried calling the sales desk and asking? You might be able to change.

I know you might feel you are missing out by not having Freeview HD channels, but the YouView box has so many issues that Customers like me are trying to swap back to the old black BTVision box....so dont get too stressed just yet!

cheers
0 Ratings