Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 42

Am I really getting 4k?

Go to solution

Had 4K box delivered yesterday and hooked it up via HDMI 1 to a compatible television (Philips 50PUT6400). The Ultra HD channel is there and looks good but when I click info on the TV it says the input signal is 1920x1080p50.

I tried changing the box settings to 720p and that indeed shows up as 720p50 on the info, but if I have the box set to 2160p then the TV still says 1080p50.

Any ideas?  The channel does look better than the HD channels but I want to be certain it is right.

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 42

Re: Am I really getting 4k?

Go to solution
It is 4k. However I dont understand why it comes up at 1080p. Strange

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 42

Go to solution
Just want to make sure you have gone through these steps:https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/how-do-i-change-my-hdmi-setting-1373538549505

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 42

Go to solution

Dave, if you connect to a non HDCP2.2 enabled HDMI port on your tv the box automatically drops to 1080p output.

Can you tell us what TV you are using and what HDMI port you are going into. Try a different HDMI port, the info on your TV should show 2160p when you are getting a proper UHD signal from the STB.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53069/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDM3NDE0NDIwL3NpZC9qYzU...

EDIT - sorry see you have listed the TV and correct port. Try other settings on the tv. If the box is set to output 2160p the TV should show in its info it is showing this and not 1080p.

Everything looks right according to the website.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/50PUT6400_12/6000-series-4k-uhd-slim-led-tv-powered-by-androidtm-with-p...

HDCP 2.2

Yes on HDMI1
  • Supported Display Resolution

Computer inputs on all HDMI
    • @60 Hz
    • up to 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160
    Video inputs on all HDMI
    • @ 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 Hz
    • up to 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160p
  • Are you using the supplied HDMI lead, I had an issue where I used a more expensive HDMI lead and I had problems with the HDCP2.2 protection, this went away after using the supplied (I presume cheaper) HDMI lead.
  • What colour option are you using (8 bit or 10 bit).
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 42

Go to solution

@scointer wrote:

Dave, if you connect to a non HDCP2.2 enabled HDMI port on your tv the box automatically drops to 1080p output.

Can you tell us what TV you are using and what HDMI port you are going into. Try a different HDMI port, the info on your TV should show 2160p when you are getting a proper UHD signal from the STB.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53069/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDM3NDE0NDIwL3NpZC9qYzU...

EDIT - sorry see you have listed the TV and correct port. Try other settings on the tv. If the box is set to output 2160p the TV should show in its info it is showing this and not 1080p.

Everything looks right according to the website.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/50PUT6400_12/6000-series-4k-uhd-slim-led-tv-powered-by-androidtm-with-p...

HDCP 2.2

Yes on HDMI1
  • Supported Display Resolution

Computer inputs on all HDMI
    • @60 Hz
    • up to 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160
    Video inputs on all HDMI
    • @ 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 Hz
    • up to 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160p
  • Are you using the supplied HDMI lead, I had an issue where I used a more expensive HDMI lead and I had problems with the HDCP2.2 protection, this went away after using the supplied (I presume cheaper) HDMI lead.
  • What colour option are you using (8 bit or 10 bit).

Just looked closely at the image and it isn't 4k but I am pretty certain it was yesterday.

I have a Philips 50PUT6400 and the box is going into HDMI 1 socket, which the BT website advises.

I have tried 8bit and 10 bit and I am using the supplied lead.

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 42

Go to solution

Also, I have a PC connected to the TV and that is showing on the TV as inputting at 2160p30.

There is definitely something wrong and I cannot work out what.

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 42

Go to solution

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 8 of 42

Go to solution

Try restarting Router and Youview box?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 42

Go to solution

Just switched the BT box to HDMI 2 and it is still saying the same thing. I am flummoxed.

The box worked yesterday and the computer works fine at 4K. Also the TV's internal netflix 4k works fine.

Can it be the cable?

(Oh i have also just reset the TV to factory settings and reinstalled it and that made no difference.)

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 42

Go to solution

Right i am now resetting the youview box to factory settings and seeing if that makes a difference.  

Yesterday morning I watched an NBA programme on the UHD channel and that was clearly native 4K. So something has happened since then and I cannot work out what.

0 Ratings