Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 42

Re: Am I really getting 4k?

Go to solution
Or to be honest watch any 4k video on youtube

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 42

Go to solution

This is disgusting.

India finally answered the phone and they are telling me to check my aerial, despite me repeating to them 10 times that the problem is the HDMI output reverting to 1080p.

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 23 of 42

Go to solution

Have you enabled HDMI control to/from the TV to the YV box. That could be causing issues with handshaking between the two devices. The only device I allow to control my TV is a BR player of the same make. If switching on the YV box switches on the TV try to disable that action and purely allow the HDMI to carry ONLY the programme material. 

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 42

Go to solution

@rarmitage124 wrote:
Hmmn are you able to access youtube on your TV if you can watch this link (hopefully it is 4k like it says in the title)
https://youtu.be/iNJdPyoqt8U

Every other 4K source works perfectly. I have been using 4k youtube, 4k netflix and a PC outputting at 2160p30.

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 42

Go to solution
Try what kernowchris is saying then you might have to try online chat

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 42

Go to solution

@KernowChris wrote:

Have you enabled HDMI control to/from the TV to the YV box. That could be causing issues with handshaking between the two devices. The only device I allow to control my TV is a BR player of the same make. If switching on the YV box switches on the TV try to disable that action and purely allow the HDMI to carry ONLY the programme material. 

I don't think there is such a setting on here.

Another thing to mention is that the info on the input changes to different things. Sometimes it appears to think the BT box is a PC and actually puts "PC" before the resolution numbers.  I also notice the audio input on the info changed. First it simply said digital stereo then it changed to some AAC format.

But tonight the screen actually started tearing as if it was an underpowered graphics card or something.

But, lo and behold, as soon as I reset the youview box to factory settings it all goes away again.  It is working perfectly now but won't be tomorrow.

Anyway, India are sending an engineer on monday.

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 42

Go to solution

That's interesting.

It was saying 2160p but I have just turned off the box and the TV and turned them back on and it is saying 1080p.

It is some kind of hdmi handshake issue. But god knows how it gets fixed.

EDIT:

I have just found a setting on the TV called Easylink which is set to on. I have turned it off and am now resetting the box. I think Easylink is Philips' setting for the set top box turning the TV on. So fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 42

Go to solution

Right, switching off easylink didn't work.

I have narrowed the problem down though. It starts off fine but when you turn off the box and tv and turn them back on it reverts to 1080p.

Has nobody else encountered this?

Got a bad feeling that I am going to have to replace the TV. 

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 42

Go to solution

I had a handshake issue which was solved by swapping the hdmi lead, no real idea why but it worked for me. Your issue doesn't sound quite the same but might be worth a try. I don't suppose it makes a difference which you turn on first.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 42

Go to solution

@scointer wrote:

I had a handshake issue which was solved by swapping the hdmi lead, no real idea why but it worked for me. Your issue doesn't sound quite the same but might be worth a try. I don't suppose it makes a difference which you turn on first.

Are these HDMI cables just the standard ones that we have been using for years? 

When I swapped in the old cable all I got was a black screen.

I really think the engineer's time is going to be wasted and I am going to end up taking the TV back. Nice TV too but this is doing my head in.

EDIT:

Really weird this.....all of my internet channels have now disappeared. They aren't even in the guide. I type in 431 to get BT sport europe and it says no such channel.

Looks like a box swap required. They should really have just sent me one.

0 Ratings