Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 42

Re: Am I really getting 4k?

Go to solution
I know from recent issues with my old Youview box, that only engineers have the new boxes as BT dont send them out anymore without an Engineer check.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 42

Go to solution

@rarmitage124 wrote:
I know from recent issues with my old Youview box, that only engineers have the new boxes as BT dont send them out anymore without an Engineer check.

Yeah that is what the guy said on the phone but I think we may be wasting the engineer's time.

Turning into a bit of a nightmare this. Thought I would treat myself to a 4K tv to watch the football and I have already had to take one of these TVs back. Well, if it is the TV then I will opt for another brand. Might get a panasonic.

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 42

Go to solution

Just tested it again and it is when the tv is turned off and on. The box can turn off and it will stay as 2160p but when the TV is turned off and on again it reverts to 1080p.

0 Ratings
BestwoodRoadie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 42

Go to solution

Hi

Been following yout thread with interest, i really feel for you, more so because you had to speak to India !!.

keep us informed as to what your situation is as i have the UD/4K box too and thinking of getting a 4k telly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 42

Go to solution

@BestwoodRoadie wrote:

Hi

Been following yout thread with interest, i really feel for you, more so because you had to speak to India !!.

keep us informed as to what your situation is as i have the UD/4K box too and thinking of getting a 4k telly.

I think I may be on the verge of a breakthrough!
Just spoke to a really nice guy at Philips and he says he thinks I need an update to the HDCP thing and this update is apparently not on the automatic update server so he is sending me the link and instructions via email. He seems confident that this is the problem and says he is going to test it on a set he has there.
Fingers crossed!
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 42

Go to solution

Its working!!!!

Well, so far anyway. I have turned the TV on and off and the info remains unchanged at "UHD 2160p50"

I tell you what....the customer service for philips is incredible. They have a london landline number open from 830am to 800pm and you get immediately through to a person who will investigate your problem with their own demo TVs immediately.

BT should take a leaf out of that book and have british based technical support on tap. I suppose it is difficult though because they have 8 million customers.

Anyway, i feel like a bit of a **bleep** now as it had nothing to do with the BT box. Now I need to cancel the engineer if all keeps working well.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 37 of 42

Go to solution

They are moving their service centres back to the UK within the next 12 months

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 38 of 42

Go to solution

that is excellent news if so - where did you see that ?

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 39 of 42

Go to solution
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 40 of 42

Go to solution