Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
NigelB72
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Amazon Prime Low Bandwidth warning 😑

Go to solution

Randomly Amazon Prime throws up ye olde LOW BANDWIDTH warning for no reason so after spending 10 minutes navigating all the additional content they want you to buy and finally finding your chosen program, watching it is impossible... I've got a rock solid 80meg Infinity 2 connection with the Youview box connected by ethernet... Has anyone got a fix for this which doesn't involve me unplugging everything and rebooting whenever I want to watch anything? Oh and has BT flagged the issue to Amazon as there's clearly an issue with the app

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
NigelB72
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Amazon Prime Low Bandwidth warning

Go to solution

Randomly Amazon Prime throws up ye olde LOW BANDWIDTH warning for no reason so after spending 10 minutes navigating all the additional content they want you to buy and finally finding your chosen program, watching it is impossible... I've got a rock solid 80meg Infinity 2 connection with the Youview box connected by ethernet... Has anyone got a fix for this which doesn't involve me unplugging everything and rebooting whenever I want to watch anything? Oh and has BT flagged the issue to Amazon as there's clearly an issue with the app

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 3 of 11

Re: Amazon Prime Low Bandwidth warning

Go to solution

The app is provided by and supported by Amazon - so even if the fault is the app and not your Internet speed it is still down to Amazon to resolve.

I think there is an email address in the app itself to report problems to.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
srome68
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Re: Amazon Prime Low Bandwidth warning 😑

Go to solution

I use Amazon Prime and everything runs fine, never had a low bandwidth message. I have a 56mb connection and 2 phones streaming (kids) tv running Netflix in the kitchen and prime on my TV.

I’d say your problem lies outside the app, maybe switch your Ethernet cable as a starting point, if your watching through WiFi on an older BT hub manually split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections (I used to get regular loss of internet connection on the older BT hubs and lots of hub restarts) check your hub logs.

I have the BT Smart Hub 2 and one disk setup and it’s rock solid.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 11

Re: Amazon Prime Low Bandwidth warning

Go to solution

Once in a while I have had the same problem on my Youview with the Amazon Prime Video app. Yet I now using a Home Hub 5 and get download speeds of about 70mb 98% of the time.

Darren

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

It's definitely the app as everything else works exactly as it should

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I'm using a BT Smart Hub connected via Ethernet and it's only the Amazon app that does it on the Youview box

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

This was flagged up about 3 months ago in a thread about Tennis replays, a low bandwidth error that only occurs on match replays and only on the app on the BT Box. It's still the same now so I wouldn't expect a quick fix.

I would keep your eye on this thread @NigelB72 :

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-Youview-box-and-Prime-video-app/td-p/1926825

NigelB72
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Ta
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @NigelB72 ,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. If you are able to send me your landline number via a private message I'd be happy to look into the problem for you. Thank you. 

Community ModeratorGemma
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on β€˜Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.