cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 32

Amazon Prime Video App on our BT TV 4K UHD box

Good news,

As of the 19th of November, we have started to roll out the Amazon Prime Video App to our BT TV 4K UHD box.  We aim to have the rollout completed by the 30th of November. Once this completes over 90% of BT TV customers will have access to the Amazon Prime Video subscription and purchasable content alongside the existing great line-up from Netflix, NOW TV, and of course BT TV.

Existing and new Amazon Prime / Prime Video subscribers will be able to access to Amazon’s full range of HD content including Ultra HD content via the App.  

Due to hardware limitation customers on our oldest box, the H3, need to upgrade to one of our newer boxes (either G4, Z4, or the G5) in order to access Amazon. 

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
31 REPLIES
billybob99
Contributor
Message 2 of 32

Re: Amazon Prime Video App on our BT TV 4K UHD box

like netflix no dolby digital 5.1 

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 3 of 32

Hi @billybob99, you might want to check how your system is set up, the new Amazon Prime app on youview is showing a 5.1 for me.

0 Ratings
billybob99
Contributor
Message 4 of 32

i will check settings but everything else that should have 5.1 has apart from netflix and amazon prime app, its fine through the app on the tv

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 5 of 32

Thank you BT and youview for finally getting the app onto the 4K BT boxes!

However!!!!!!

I have a problem... when in the Amazon Prime Video App the sound volume IS SO LOW!!!!!!!!

I have to crank my AV receiver up so high just to get a normal level, far, far higher than regular youview or Nexflix.

Something is wrong with the sound! 

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 6 of 32

Hi @billybob99, are you seeing the little 5.1 logo by programmes ?

0 Ratings
billybob99
Contributor
Message 7 of 32

yes
0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 8 of 32

Okay, then it is trying to deliver 5.1 to you. My sound however is VERY low, maybe there are issues with the sound?

0 Ratings
billybob99
Contributor
Message 9 of 32

its loud enough just dosent deliver 5.1 strange, as i said everything else is fine through youview but not netflix or this
0 Ratings
billybob99
Contributor
Message 10 of 32

After some digging i think this is the issue even though i get 5.1 on everything else when available all bt channels and sport etc, netflix and amazon prime apps must provide E-AC3 which my tv cant handle to passthrough via hdmi to my amp. 

"HDMI ARC supports the same formats as S/PDIF so it can carry Dolby Digital (AC3) but not Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) which may cause problems as many services including BT Extra TV use Dolby Digital Plus. Some TV's may transcode Dolby Digital Plus to Dolby Digital but many won't. Look out for HDMI eARC on some new 2018 TVs and receivers which will support 7.1, uncompressed audio and much higher bit-rates." 

0 Ratings