cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 32

Re: Amazon Prime Video App on our BT TV 4K UHD box

Just to say I definitely get 5.1 (very good observation billybob99 as I think there are a few people that complain about not getting proper surround and a lot of these go via ARC so this could help suggest an issue for them) and the volume is fine (maybe slightly quieter but certainly nothing stand out). I know this doesn’t really help with the issue but just want to show it isn’t a normal issue.
0 Ratings
patelc7
Contributor
Message 12 of 32

NO audio issues - but I don't have a 5.1 system, so its perfect when its direct to the TV via HDMI
0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 13 of 32

The low sound is a big issue for me.

Just checked it again this morning and it's just as bad, I have to turn the volume up significantly when using the Prime Video App, the sound is also "hollow "

Something is wrong, I done a quick check on the Internet and it seems this is a common problem on other TV's and TV boxes.

Having waited so long for the App to arrive I'm so disappointed by this Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
billybob99
Contributor
Message 14 of 32

its not the best, i was really looking forward to the app through youview as the app built into by tv has audio lag issues full suround 5.1 but lipsync is quite bad at times, and now audio lag is perfect but no hdr or 5.1 lol so i can either watch it in all its glory or listen to it in full surround but not together Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 32

Guessing at your setup (assuming your amp doesn’t have hdcp2.2 or some reason why you are not passing to the amp first then to the tv) you could get a hdmi splitter and feed one to tv for picture and one to amp for sound. Although maybe this is more hassle that you are prepared to put in.
0 Ratings
billybob99
Contributor
Message 16 of 32

Hi

yes amp dosent have 4k passthrough 

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 17 of 32

I get 5.1 fine on the DD5.1 tv channels - but it has never worked on the BT box on Netflix and now not on Prime either.

The audio does go through the tv -  but the 5.1 works fine on Netflix on both TiVo and SkyQ which also go via tv inputs.

Not a big deal as the tv is HDR so have to use that for Prime anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
billybob99
Contributor
Message 18 of 32

Same here with everything apart netflix and prime on youview, both get 5.1 via tv app but as i said prime on tv app has audio lag problems. From what i can see some things on youview box use dd+ which some tv's don't decode properly via arc and you end up with stereo
0 Ratings
Wentey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 32

Not had the app appear on my 4K BT humans box yet how do I check which version it is as per the first post on this thread?
0 Ratings
patelc7
Contributor
Message 20 of 32

Its the same software version.   

If the prime App is not in the App section, you have not been one of the lucky people to get it first.  More customrs being added this week and if all goes well more next week.   

0 Ratings