cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billybob99
Contributor
Message 21 of 32

Re: Amazon Prime Video App on our BT TV 4K UHD box

just a little update, its definately arc that is causing the issues as i rewired things with output going straight into amp and viola 5.1 downside no 4k so at least i know the problem, new amp needed lol

patelc7
Contributor
Message 22 of 32

if your amp does not do hdcp 2.2 passthrough then no 4k.

if it does, then generally 4K content on Amazon is hard to find, but it is there.  keep scrolling down, it moves day to day, but can be a lot of carosels down  

0 Ratings
billybob99
Contributor
Message 23 of 32

i can watch the 4k stuff no problem just no 5.1

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

As I suspected this is a sustandard app compared to most of the apps on other platforms.

Just like the BT Netflix app it offers 4K but not HDR. My Firestick 4K offers HDR (and even Dolby Vision), even the app on my LG smart TVs have HDR . At least they managed to get DD 5.1 to work which took them ages with the Netflix app. 

Really don't understand how they managed to delay this app by about 6 months and still offer a cut down version. 

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 32

Really don't understand how they managed to delay this app by about 6 months and still offer a cut down version. 

BT seem to be implementing their own private austerity policy in regards of fixing and developing their platform IMHO glad I left.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 32

Well it's finally arrived on my box today, it's a shame it doesn't work, Error Code 1060. It's difficult to imagine why there was such a delay, it can't have been for testing Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
hyper01
Contributor
Message 27 of 32

Another win from BT, my audio is no longer 5.1/Atmos from the BT box.

Utter joke, do they not test any of the changes before pushing them on their customers?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 32

Everybody else’s is, mine is fine. Why do you think yours has suddenly stopped working?

Spurs/Inter game on now (dodgy photo I know as file size has to be so small but you can see the atmos signal being received fine on my amp)

IMG_5175.JPG

0 Ratings
hyper01
Contributor
Message 29 of 32

Simple amp is showing the audio input from the BT box is 48 - 2/0/0

All other devices connected to the amp all work and output 4k HDR along with multi channel sound, BT box no longer does so.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 32

BT box has never (and never will) output HDR.
What channel are you trying, how is the box connected to amp and have you checked the surround sound output setting. Everyone else is happy it is working fine so you need to look at your own setup for an issue.
0 Ratings