cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woody999000
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Amazon Prime on BT TV Box

Does anyone know when the Amazon Prime app will be added to the BT TV Box.  I have the latest TV box (not 4K UHD) but the app is still not available even though the BT website says available from mid June 2018.

Can I force the app to download.   I have a Prime account but can't watch on my TV unless I buy a fire stick which I do not want to do!

Thanks for any advise that can be given.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Amazon Prime on BT TV Box

Is yours a Bt supplied DTR 2100 or DT 2200 Youview box ?

If so have you yet received either software 31.24.0. Or 31.28.0 ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Elder-Mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I don't have an update either on my box.

0 Ratings
woody999000
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Hi

Thanks for the reply and sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.

I have the DTR T2100 and the component software is version 3.3.152 and manuafacturer software is 29.58.0

I have checked for updates and it says it will install them automatically when they ae available!!

Regards

Ian

0 Ratings
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

@woody999000wrote:

I have the DTR T2100 and the component software is version 3.3.152 and manuafacturer software is 29.58.0

I have checked for updates and it says it will install them automatically when they ae available!! 

Same here. Frustrating you can't force an update, if you want to. Just keeps repeating "You are on the latest version" even though i'm technically two versions behind..... 

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 6 of 9

There doesn't seem to be any real reason why the better YV boxes don't have the Amazon prime App yet.  I guess it might be a priority issue

This won't help those without it but imho the Amazon App on the DTRT-2100 is excellent 

0 Ratings
woody999000
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I know it is no concellation however at least this proves there is nothing wrong with either of our TV boxes if you have the same software level.  I guess BT need to stage the roll out for some reason known to themselves only.

We can only wait and hope!!!

Regards

Ian

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 8 of 9

I also dont have the update. I usally get the update a few weeks after BT start rolling out the update but this is the longest I have had to wait this time round. I know my older T1000 box will not be getting the update but the T2100 that I also use for BT TV seems to be taking a long time to get Its update sent. Not that I use Amazon Prime but I like my box to have the latest software updates.

Darren

srpsrp
Expert
Message 9 of 9

bt mentioned the prime app in thier price rise letter, I bet they are hoping it'll stop a few people for leaving, so my guess soon after Aug 16 ( when the leave with out penalty window closes) I tried out Prime on my Xbox can't say it's really as good value as Now TV although I do have Netflix already for free from a family members login.