cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Amazon Prime

Hi,

I am about to start a months membership of Amazon Prime and had a quick look & there is an app for netflix but not Amazon.

Am I missing something or am i just going to have to watch on my laptop and plug in a HDMI cable between that and my telly?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
srpsrp
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Amazon Prime

I've been through this recently, I found that Amazon list compatible devices on their web site here.

I presume this list is goverened by commercial interests.

Amazon want viewers to buy their specific Fire stick device.  Prime doesn't even work on Google Chromecast and there is  no Amazon player on the BT box either.

I've been watching Prime on my (old ?)Playstation 3 and it works very well, a little disapointed with the Grand Tour but that's another matter!. 

Of course it could also be that BT won't allow Amazon to install their app. BT sell online content in the BT Player as well, which is probably half the reason why they even have a TV service, they must make a reasonable amount of profit judging by the prices.

Netflix only sell subscriptions I think, hence less competition.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 3 of 8

Its like as said Netflix seems to be avalabile on more devices than Amazon Prime.

I dont have Amazon Prime but if I did have it I could watch  using the Amazon Prime video app on my two Samasung smart TVs.

Also last year more seemed to be using Netflix than Amazon Prime video.

Maybe given time Youview will add more apps to there service.

I use the Netflix app on the Youview box at times but I think the Netflix app on my Samsung TV seems better.

Darrren

0 Ratings
billybob99
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

you can cast amazon prime from google chrome browser to chromecast, but the best and easiest is to use a firestick 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I may be wring but did last October the ehad of BTTv say they want more apps and ear marked amazon prime as one of them,

I had hoped to get it in time for Grand Tour but not to be. Luckly managed to use my blu ray player which ahs the app to watch it.

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

I watch via X Box one and also have the app on my Samsung TV . If you have a relatively new TV you should be able to get the Amazon app no problem.  

0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 7 of 8

My Sony Android TV has the Amazon Video app 🙂

0 Ratings
Kimbrich6
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Wish they would hurry up and add Amazon prime. It's the only thing missing for me
0 Ratings