cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dom999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Amazon Video - Insufficient bandwidth

Why do I constantly get the insufficient bandwidth message using my BT HubIt works fine on all my other devices and all my other apps(Netflix and NowTV) work fine on my BT hub.

It’s not worked for over a week and I’m thinking of getting rid of it because of the bandwidth. Is it an amazon or BT problem? I’m using Wi-fi with the power line connectors but it just won’t work.
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Amazon Video - Insufficient bandwidth

Hi @Dom999 

It's been reported a few times before, try the suggestions in this thread:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-YouView-box-app-showing-but-not-enough-band-width/td-...

0 Ratings
Dom999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

I have tried all of that. Reset and rebooted the router 5/6 times. Factory reset on the BT hub, turned off all other devices but the result is the same. Netflix on top resolution is working so can’t see why Amazon wouldn’t be.
0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

Have you tried connecting your BT box directly to your hub to eliminate the powerline adaptors?

0 Ratings
Dom999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Not possible I’m afraid. I don’t have a cable long enough. It’s not that far, maybe 4-5 metres through one partition wall.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

0 Ratings
Dom999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

This has been going on all week. Since Sunday.
0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

I've never used powerline adaptors myself but I would suggest finding a way to eliminate them just to be certain. I have used the Prime app on my 4k box and it was a bit hit and miss, the app on my TV never misses a beat though. My guess is that the problem lies more with BT/Youview than Amazon but I don't think you'll ever find out.

Workarounds seem to be better options rather than waiting for service improvements.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 14

@Dom999 

Can you explain exactly how the Youview box is connected to your HomeHub please as you've mentioned both wifi & powerline adapters.

0 Ratings
Dom999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Sorry, yes it’s just the power line adapters behind the tv and at the other end, powerline adapter to the router.

I did notice that amazon updated their app(in fact created a new amazon video app) this week. It says on the BT settings that none of my apps require updates but maybe that has something to do with it.
0 Ratings