cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Amazon and ITV Hub and old Samsung TVs

Does anyone have this problem: My Samsung tv is about 8+ years old and I now have a Pro Box. I can't watch ITV Hub or Amazon Prime on my TV using the box! BT have told me it s an issue that is the responsibility of the manufacturer (Samsung)!! All updates installed. Seems odd to me but..... any ideas anyone?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Amazon and ITV Hub and old Samsung TVs

What happens when you try?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Are you accessing those players via the Smart TV menu or via the Youview box? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

I can access Amazon and ITV hub* on my TV (* until the switch it off late September) but still neither through my Pro Box!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Message to gomezz:

When I try what?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Morning @cliveoverlander and thanks for raising this - ITV and Amazon shouldn't have have issues playing regular HD content, but HDR content may not be available depending on the TV capabilities and settings. 

Would you be able to post details of the TV model number you have and confirm what settings you have showing on your TV Box Pro under Settings > Picture & Sound so we can check this for you? 

If you prefer, you can also contact me directly by clicking on my profile name and Message.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

@David_H 

Just for info.

I'm not a BT TV customer but pretty much along the same lines of your post.

I recently had problems with itv hub on my 4k tv but it worked fine on all other devices, the fix was quick, simple and painless; I simply restarted my SH2.

Message 8 of 12

Thanks @Les-Gibson that's useful to hear - whilst rebooting the hub is extreme, it's fair to say that the old "switch it off and on again" routine is a tried and tested solution for many IT related issues!

Doing that will give the device a chance to refresh, clear caches and reset process threads etc that consume memory and resources in normal use, so it's a useful check when all else fails. 

Out of interest, when you experienced the issue, was the TV connected via Wi-Fi or a LAN port? depending on connectivity at the time, may point to a potential cause, but not one that may be applicable to Clive's issue. Something to look at though.

Cheers

David

Message 9 of 12

@David_H 

My TV was connected by Wi-Fi at first but connecting via cable made no difference

Message 10 of 12

I know that Samsung TV models from 2015 or earlier will not be able to access the new ITV X app when it comes out, replacing ITV Hub.

Millions of Samsung TV owners face block from ITV content | Express.co.uk

Not sure if this could be a reason.

Not aware of any such issues with Amazon prime video though or why it would not work through the YouView boxes rather than direct through the TV, which the link seems to indicate. 

0 Ratings