cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rachythoms
Message 1 of 12

Amazon prime videos not playing

So I'm trying to watch my prime subscription through my BT box but nothing will play. I get the error 'something went wrong' on every single video. Its working fine on my laptop and on my phone so it's not an issue with my Amazon account. Really wanted to watch it on the telly as i can't get prime app on my smart TV so can anyone help figure out what's going on here? Discovery....it will let me watch trailers just not full movies or episodes!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Amazon prime videos not playing

@Rachythoms wrote:

Discovery....it will let me watch trailers just not full movies or episodes!

That would indicate a content protection issue, as trailers do not have content protection enabled, but video and films do.

Can you watch other content protected stuff, like BT Sport, or the BT subscription channels?

0 Ratings
Rachythoms
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for your reply, yes everything else is working fine. All BT content, all other apps etc. So it's only Amazon videos that won't play on my BT box yet they will play just fine on other devices. Quite puzzling. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Is your Amazon prime subscription part of your BT TV package, or is it a separate account?

0 Ratings
Rachythoms
Message 5 of 12

It's a separate account. It's let me log in ok but that's it. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

That might be the issue then, as I think you may have to have the subscription via BT, as they would have a licensing agreement with Amazon, and would deal with the encryption and control the decryption at the YouView box end via the Amazon Prime app within the software.

0 Ratings
Rachythoms
Message 7 of 12

I don't think that's the case as according to everything on BT website you should be able to use the prime app if you already have a subscription also it tells you to sign up directly through Amazon website if you don't have one. So it definitely should work. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/62191#learn

Ahhh, I will not rest untill I figure it out haha. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 12

Hi @Rachythoms  you mention issues watching Discovery items on Amazon Prime Video , I believe that is a Prime Video subscription channel. 

if you try to watch other  content on Prime Video that is not Discovery  does that play normally ?

0 Ratings
Rachythoms
Message 9 of 12

No I didn't say that I could watch discovery items. I said that I had discovered I could watch trailers. 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

Well the wording used  was 

Discovery....it will let me watch trailers just not full movies or episodes!

so Moving on  

there is when in the Prime Video Player  under Setting  a Contact us  page which gives details of the amazon video help web page and the DID and DTID Settings.

I

0 Ratings