Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

Annoying purple glow at bottom of screen in rebranded BT TV Player

Hi,

Does anyone else have a purple bar running along the bottom of the screen whilst watching content in the rebranded purple BT TV player?

Its the top of the pause menu which drops down when resuming play but leaves a little bit behind contanstly displayed.

12 REPLIES
stereohaven
Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: Annoying purple glow at bottom of screen in rebranded BT TV Player

I thought it was just my eyesight going funny but I can see it too!

Watching some Universal TV catch up and you can see a "fuzziness" at the bottom of the screen that never goes away.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 13

Do you have overscan on the TV turned ON or OFF? What happens if you change that?

(not seeing this artifact either way on my Samsung TV)

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

I have a Samsung 55MU7000 and there doesnt appear to be an overscan option; and indeed the manual doesnt mention one either.

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

My LGTV has something called "Just Scan" that when I turn it off minimizes the blurry edge somewhat but it is still there.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

@jparnell82wrote:

I have a Samsung 55MU7000 and there doesnt appear to be an overscan option; and indeed the manual doesnt mention one either.

Samsung do not call it overscan but you can see it when cycling through the Aspect Ratio options (16:9, Zoom, etc).

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

Ah ok, I've turned off Fit to screen which has hidden the bottom glow. Is that off on your TVs @gomezz?
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 8 of 13

I have my LG set to ‘Just Scan’ which is the suggested ratio. Changing it to 16:9 lessens the effect slightly, but solely because the screen has been zoomed in. 14:9 eliminates it, but that isn’t the correct ratio to be viewing the content in. I still believe the problem is with the software update, and not TV set-ups.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 13

Let’s be clear on this - there should be no on screen graphic effects generated by the box visible when you have dismissed the information.

BT should not be asking people to degrade their picture by changing overscan settings. The correct setting is full pixel native resolution and BT need to fix their software to remove the errant ‘effect’ from view.
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 13

@jparnell82wrote:
Ah ok, I've turned off Fit to screen which has hidden the bottom glow. Is that off on your TVs @gomezz?

I do not have that option on my 2010 Samsung but have overscan turned off by setting the TV aspect ratio to 16:9 which is the recommended setting for most people, on most TV sets in most circumstances (I occasionally have to turn overscan on when trying to use the laptop plugged into the TV so I can see the edge controls such as the task bar).

0 Ratings