cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
eddywatson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Another YOUVIEW BOX installed? So 2 in one home?

Go to solution

Hello

My parents have you view box with BT sports and freeview, along with BT internet (unlimited packages)

They have the youview box in the front room, and the router in the back of the house, and it works fine... But I was just wondering can I get a you view box for my own bedroom? and it have BT sports on it also? 

If so... it would need one of the special ethernet plugs? 

my TV wire goes into back of you view box, then ethernet cable plug into the special plug, which is then connected to the mains at the wall... is that all that is required?

Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Another YOUVIEW BOX installed? So 2 in one home?

Go to solution

BT do have a second box package as an add-on to BT TV.  Just plugging in a second box won't work, as the system will only talk to one of them.  Be aware that while you can get BT Sport on a second box, you can't get Sky Sport (it's a licencing issue).

BT recommends a hard-wired connection for live streaming TV.  But that could end up with ethernet cables trailing round the house.  The powerline adaptors work for most people, but that isn't guaranteed as the speeds you get through them depend on the state of your mains wiring.  If they don't work for you, BT will just say you need a wired connection.

dfel100
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi eddywatson

I have two youview boxws both connected by powerline adaptors, bt ones, as I tried another make and it was not powerful enough.  I have one box in the living room and one box in a bedroom, both get btsports, on demand etc and so far no problems!

0 Ratings
eddywatson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

So all I would need is another you view box with the Ethernet plug and power cable? just like the main one in the front room?

and it will work?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

......and a multiroom subscription. 

Stew

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
and a multiroom subscription requires a faster minimum broadband speed as each box could be recording two multicast channels and viewing an on-demand prog all at the same time. That's potentially six different video streams.
0 Ratings