cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Any more news on software update and usage monitor

Sorry to be a pain but is there any fresh OFFICIAL news on when the software update will be available and also when the usage monitor problem will be fixed.

Will there be an announcement either here or by email to everyone?

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Any more news on software update and usage monitor

I would expect that the October update will arrive sometime in October 2013.
I feel like I've been conned with Youview, it clearly advertised Dolby Digital 5.1. It didn't have it but they said don't worry it will come in the October update.........
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

The 'Official' news was that it would take a couple of weeks. That will be up next week. But don't forget, we don't know how long it will then take to roll out the update.
0 Ratings
rebnats
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

The couple of weeks as stated should have been from initial bt launch date of Nov 6th, therefore that should equate to tomorrow. Will not hold my breath, more like BT bullxxxx
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

@rebnats wrote:
The couple of weeks as stated should have been from initial bt launch date of Nov 6th, therefore that should equate to tomorrow. Will not hold my breath, more like BT bullxxxx

No, the 'couple of weeks' statement was released on the 13th November, so to the letter that would be next Tuesday. I think people would agree that 'couple of weeks' does not imply a set date, but I would think at the end of next week would be a valid time for people to start shouting 'where is it' if we haven't had an official update.

You can read the statement in Stephanie's sticky post at the top of the previous page.

http://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Software-update/td-p/675980

0 Ratings
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

This has just been posted on the YouView forum (apologies to the original poster).

I got an official letter from BT today, to say my box will be updated to Vision 2.0 in the week beginning 26/11. 

Maybe it's me being paranoid, but to roll-out updates to both Vision and YouView boxes at the same time, to me seems like a hell-of-a-lot work for BT to take on. 

But (as DRH said) BT have confirmed the new bug-free YV update will start to roll-out next week, too, so fingers crossed it's not.

Anyone
on the Mod or Admin team care to comment?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Actually David M posted the 'couple of weeks' message on the 9th would would mean the update should be by Friday this week.

http://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Firmware-Update-Today/td-p/675426/page/7

'A couple of weeks' DOES imply a set date to me, a couple means two. In fact the dictionary describes it as two, too.

Couple (n) a combination of two; a pair of.

Everything about this youview release has been shoddy. I will go as far to say it is false advertising as the box is described on the BT website as having Dolby Digital 5.1. As this is not available, this is a lie.

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Not official but a YV developer says that BT will meet their deadline, if that helps?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Sorry that doesn't help. I've asked for credit/refund for this months subscription because I'm paying for something I cannot get.

Other people have mentioned they have got a credit, All I get is them telling me it's not their fault but youview's.

Can a Mod please tell me how to get a refund/credit?

0 Ratings