cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Apps on BT freeview box not working

Problem began yesterday on BBC - lots of buffering and other apps (ITV, 4 and My5) showing same problems. Some impossible to get onto. Have reacanned channels and checked for laters software updates.

When I try to update the apps it sends me to this site but does not give any error message to look up

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Apps on BT freeview box not working

Have rebooted your box? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Yes that was the first thing I did.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Try a full reset through maintenance mode. You can do this without losing your recordings

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

The Amazon Prime app was playing up yesterday evening on the BT box but I have the Amazon Prime app as a back up on the Amazon Firestick. So used that.
All seems to be working again.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Im not a techie (in my 70s) but will get geeky nephew to try maintenance mode on tuesday when he visits. I can access the apps vis the AZ firestick but I would like to get them working on box again. This happened once before and I think we had to do a factory reset. However I have watched all my curent recordings so its not a tragedy if they have to go.

I think the last app update on May 5 may have been corrupted as that was when it began to go pearshaped.
Message 7 of 9

@biglouis 

Many of the most helpful members here are in their 70's or at least over retirement age 🙂

Here's a link for doing the maintenance mode resets and talks about the various options. Options 2 and 4 save your recordings and should be tried in that order.

Message 8 of 9

@biglouis @TimCurtis 

Agreed! Three cheers for us old f*rts! 

Message 9 of 9

Thanks all, We will try these suggestions.
0 Ratings