cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: Are the days of BT TV numbered?

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

The mesh system you use is totally irrelevant, the requirement is for BT to be your ISP, for example a quick shufty through this forum will show that there BT TV customers who use third party routers.

Not entirely true. The whole system between incoming BB & BT box needs to pass IGMP & not all do. Amazon's Eero for example is one that doesn't & nor does my Fritzbox setup.

Message 22 of 25

@Hozzwrote:

It seems to me that the days of BT TV are numbered.

The days of all TV packages in the traditional sense we are used to are numbered. 

BT TV’s biggest selling point currently is the delivery method, which may tie you to it as an ISP but delivers a decent range of channels via a method that is great for those who have fairly decent broadband speeds but struggle with (or can’t access), terrestrial or satellite TV.

The downsides remain that you can get everything it offers and more, for less without a 2 year contract and built in price rises. It remains Freeview/Freesat plus some apps.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 23 of 25

After reading through all the comments on here I feel pretty insignificant! We are happy to sit in our little house and enjoy what to us is good quality varied television on our non fibre connection at a great price.

Thanks B.T. - we'll just let the rest of the world get on with their expectations!! 😊

Message 24 of 25

@rbz5416 

OK wise guy. 😂

I suspect you are well aware that the point I was trying to make is that you are not limited to using BT networking equipment in your home in order to get BT TV but you are limited to one choice of ISP.

👍

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 25

BT TV is a loss leader for their broadband service, so they are not going to share it