cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Audio dropping out on BT TV Box

Hi

i have BT TV YouView Box which is becoming more unreliable.  Every time I watch tv the sound drops out completely, for 2 or 3 seconds before coming back.  It seems more often when watching but sport channels.  I have hard wired internet connection which is good.  The picture never has a problem.  I have tried new HDMI cable and channel.  The sound is fine when watching tv or YouTube via the inbuilt tv apps (not using BTTV). Any help would be gratefully received.  I have tried the pause and unpause suggestions on previous posts, and the problem doesn’t seem to be so bad on recordings.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Audio dropping out on BT TV Box

Same here on my T4000, with sound also dropping out when watching live channels via the NOW TV app.

Everything is fed via a sound bar and I do not have this issue when using the apps on the TV, my Xbox or Apple TV. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Does anyone from BT actually monitor this forum as no reply from any tech support yet!  How do I get tech support for this issue?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

No, I have not yet seen a reply from a BT engineer that solves a posted issue.

I'm having the same issues with the sound dropping out every approx' 60 seconds.

I have raised a complaint with BT but no reply to that complaint yet.

What's is also concerning is a communications company that can't manage to receive emails, yet still asks all it's customers for their email addresses.

0 Ratings