cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Automatic deletes on partwatched programmes

This has been happening more often lately! I have scheduled recording and that’s no problem BUT if I can’t watch the whole program and decide to go back to it later it’s gone!! Deleted 🤷‍♀️  My list of recordings isn’t full so that can’t be the issue but it’s bloody annoying as I can’t always watch the full episode, but feel compelled to do I don’t lose it? Any suggestions woukd help.  Thanks in advance I’ll end up ringing BT but we all know that’s a waste of time

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Automatic deletes on partwatched programmes

@Jackie5

which BT TV box model do you have , Eg BT TV Box Pro , T4000 ,T2100. Etc.

What percentage storage free do you see when on the Recordings screen.

Are you recording  BT Sport Ultimate UHD or HDR programming from either  channels 433 or 465 as these recordings can require significantly more space ?

Are you looking for your older part watched  recordings  from the Recordings page  after selecting the +MYTV or from the  higher level  RECORDINGS  & WATCHLIST  list which only has the most recent ?

If there is no obvious cause for the issue then you are probably looking at performing maintenance mode resets on your box. One added protection for recordings is to lock  the recording to prevent normal auromatic deletion. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi. Thanks for reply.  It’s a T4000

its over 50% free storage.

only recording from standard Chanel’s (not sport or anything)

programmes that are scheduled recordings (Masterchef/Classic Coronation St/Hotrl inspector etc(.

I go into MY TV and click on the particular recording (as I have always done). And then ….. say at End of part one, I come out of it, and later in the day I go back to continue watching and it’s completely gone?  How do you ‘lock recordings?)

thank you again.   

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the further info @Jackie5 

to Lock a recording against normal deletion can be done when you bring up the info for the recorded programme. So for example if it is a very  recent recording it will appear on the Home page Recording and Watchlist line  so go to the tile and press i(info) and you will see the option to Lock 

For older recordings go into MYTV+ and if it is a single (non series) recording go to the tile and press i(info)  and you will get option to lock. For recordings that are part of a series select the series tile which will the show the individual episodes , navigate to the relevant tile and press i(info).

That said Lock protects against normal deletions , whatever is causing your deletes doesn’t seem like a normal process.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I have had this issue too.

On a DTR- T2110 (retail)

Almost empty drive etc nothing special at all.

This has been happening, on and off, for years😣

I have not tried the 'locking mech', did not know about it.

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi. Thanks for detailed response. Very kind! I’ve now LOCKED a few recordings so we’ll see if that helps BUT I’m the type that will need to solve this issue as it’s only just started happening so there must be a wider issue? I shall ring BT. can I ask you? Do you know where I will find the AUTO DELETE BUTTON? 🤷‍♀️
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

UPDATE: I have gone into settings and Recordings and IUNCHECKED the AUTO DELETE button which was ON. (Possibly the problem). Thanks for your an everyone’s help. Fingers crossed
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Jackie5  With the amount of free space you have been operating with it is unlikely that the Auto Delete will be causing your experience ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Very true.  I will be contacting BT today but not holding my breath

0 Ratings