cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BBC 1 & 2 not showing on Guide - anybody elso got this problem?

Go to solution

About 10 days ago my  Guide stopped showing BBC 1 & 2, which means I can pre- set to record those channels though can record OK while watching programmes.  Can't get much sense out of the BT help people. Last one told me BBC has stopped providing the service but BBC 4 is still there, so that seems odd. Anybody else got this problem? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: BBC 1 & 2 not showing on Guide - anybody elso got this problem?

Go to solution
PS Should have said canNOT pre-set to record - apologies!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Do you know which transmitter you expect to receive your Freeview channels from ?

Were you asked to do a retune recently ?

If the channels are not in your Youview guide how are you accessing them to watch live ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hello! I had been away, so don.'t know if we were adviseed to retune. I retuned AFTER I got the problem a couple of weeks ago  and it didn't solve it. The BBC 1 & 2 channels themselves are fine, both on BT TV and on the ordinary digital mode of my set. I watch them by keying in 1 and 2 on the handset or, if already in the guide, by going into ITV, the first channel now showing, then keying the numbers. I can record BBC 1 and 2 programmes while watching them but have no way of setting advance recording. I live in Croydon, only a couple of miles from the Crystal Palace transmitter.  I have rebooted the box but not yet reset it completely.  Joan

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I believe Freeview changes  affecting Crystal Palace main  transmitter and most of its relay transmitters occured on March 21st and some further changes  to other relay transmitters on April 18. 

That doesn't explain what you are experiencing as it would seem that at times your BBC1/2 channels are missing from your Youview EPG guide as if they were acting as hidden channels.

You might try retuning twice , first with the aerial connection removed so no (Freeview)  channels are tuned and subsequently with the aerial connect back in  place which should tune the full complement of channels.

Which Youview box do you have and which Manufactuuer software lervel is it at ?  (Youview > Settings > Device Information  and Youview >Settings>Software Information will give you this information if you are not sure)

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks. I am just going out now but will have a go at it tomorrow. That makes sense because the first BT guy I spoke to mentioned a software patch, as if they knew about the problem. He said they would send an engineer but then apparently a supervisor cancelled that without informing me.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

👍 That double retuning did the trick! The second one showed 2 hidden channels and the option to unhide them. BBC 1 & 2 now are showing on the guide as usual. Thanks for your help - brilliant! 👏👏, Joan

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Help!? I seem to have clicked the wrong button and find myself an '"aspiring conteributor". How do I go back to being a"beginner". I thought I was clicking to say that you had solved my problem! Still finding my way round this site.  Joan

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
They are just labels given depending on how many posts you have made. I wouldn't fret about it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

👍 Thanks! 😄

0 Ratings