cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

BBC Sounds app

BBC. Sounds app now available in the player/ apps on Youview boxes. 

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/03/bbc-sounds-tv-app-begins-roll-out.html  

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: BBC Sounds app

Just checked and got it on my Youview box here. And it recognises my Continue Listening to list. 🙂

Does not add anything played to the centralised Watch List.  Which I think is a good thing, for me anyway as my Android tablet is where I keep track of stuff I am following.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 17

I so far don't have the app on my BT Youview box or the BT Youview retail box.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 17

Well while it's good to see this added to YouView it is a deeply flawed implementation that will likely be a turn off for most.  No search function and no in App ability to play past programmes and no integration with the YouView guide function

However as was hinted above if you search for a programme on your PC and play it for a bit then it will appear on the YouView BBC Sounds screen (you have to scroll down)   - thanks to Visionman at the YouView forum for that tip 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

I agree with Steve that this is a deeply flawed implementation.  The lack of a search facility and link with the YouView TV Guide is really irritating.  Also, the list of categories does not include Audiobooks.  When will these problems be fixed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 17

Two months later and they still haven't fixed the lack of search function in the YouView implementation of BBC Sounds (it's there in all the other versions of it). 

All that effort to add a virtually useless App on the box for the want of addressing that flaw - what a sorry waste of time, money and effort by someone 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Another issue is that the list of genres is incomplete. Fiction comes under Drama but if you like non-fiction programmes, you cannot access them.

Absolutely hopeless!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 17

I have discovered the BBC Sounds icon under the 'Apps' menu on my YouView box for the first time today, never having looked for it previously but, if I click on it, I get the message "Sorry, this application is not currently available on your device.  Please exit/quit and try again later.".

The YouView box is connected to the internet.

Should I try again later and, if so, how much later?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 17

That's odd - what box and model do you have?

0 Ratings