Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
back_ache
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

BBC iplayer not staying logged in

Go to solution

I have logged into iplayer but am finding when I come back to the box it hasn't stayed logged in.

How can I fix this, currently its just a nice to have but I want to fix it before it means I lose functionality.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: BBC iplayer not staying logged in

Go to solution

@back_ache are you signing out of the iPlayer before turning off your Youview box or changing the channel? The info on the iPlayer site advises that it should stay signed in for two years but if you sign out it will ask you to sign in again next time.

If this is not working as it should we may need to ask our BT TV team to investigate.

0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

I can confirm that I'm having the same issue with the BBC iPlayer. I have logged in and when I go back to use it again, I find that  I'm required to log in again, despite never having logged out.

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

I never bother logging in, is there any benefit to logging in? 

0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Yes, you get 24 recommended programmes as your own personal channel. This is based upon what you have previously watched and may contain recommendations that you might never have considered.

MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

It is a BBC requirement on most platforms to sign in with a BBC id. If it hasn't reached Youview boxes it soon will.

Zombie
Expert
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks @MadRob & @Brucemeister5 I never knew that. I did watch a 10 minute show on iplayer the other day, something about meet the new dragons in the den. I don't recall it asking me to log in, but if there was a skip option I probably went straight to that. I think I'll sign up next time. 

I did try and give you both a star but it seems to be hit or miss at the mo if it registers. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

You're welcome @Zombie. Here to help (I hope).

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @back_ache and @Brucemeister5 we've highlighted this to Youview as it should be remembering your login details.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve checked and the BBC have confirmed they have made a change for this issue which impacted a small number of viewers.

If you’re still experiencing issues can you post back and we’ll try to help.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings