cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BBC3 HD

Go to solution

Hi there, BBC3 has relaunched and is appearing as published on channel 23 on BT TV EPG however it was also published that BBC3 HD would be on 109 of the EPG and yet it’s not there.

I’ve tried a retune and it’s still not appearing, so does anyone know if the information released was incorrect or will the HD channel be added at a later date? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BBC3 HD

Go to solution
It is there on 109 for me. Have you checked it is not a hidden channel?
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Are you in Wales or Scotland as  BBC Three HD is not broadcast over Freeview there.

So BBC Three HD (For England, Northern Ireland & the Channel Islands) is available on Freeview 109

Freeview transmits BBC Scotland HD  in Scotland and SC4 HD in Wales which presumably utilise the bandwidth that is available to transmit BBC Three HD in other parts of the UK.

Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I’m in Scotland. My EPG goes from 108 BBC SCOTLAND HD then the next channel is 111 QVC HD

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Well you could watch the live stream on the iPlayer ,

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I'm in Scotland and no BB3 HD too. 

I remember years ago you could just change your postcode in the box settings to get whichever part of the UK TV you wanted.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Neilyboy72wrote:

I’m in Scotland. My EPG goes from 108 BBC SCOTLAND HD then the next channel is 111 QVC HD

That's correct, put your postcode into the guide at the top right here to confirm.

The issue is the usage of the CBBC overnight downtime, which is used to broadcast BBC3 HD in England. That is used for BBC Scotland HD but is allocated channel 108. So although channel 109 is free, there's no capacity to transmit to it up there.

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

It is still on BBC iPlayer at the highest quality your broadband can manage.  I watch  "The Green Planet" in UHD that way.  Even though I'm in Scotland I seldom watch anything in SD.

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@gspearsonwrote:

It is still on BBC iPlayer at the highest quality your broadband can manage.  I watch  "The Green Planet" in UHD that way.  Even though I'm in Scotland I seldom watch anything in SD.

The Green Planet is superb and the wonderful David Attenborough just keeps on giving. Yes, in UHD the whole programme is simply breath taking.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

There's UHD 3840p × 2160p material on BBC iPlayer?

0 Ratings