Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Paul608085
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Announces New TV and Broadband Features

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/05/bt-announces-new-tv-and-broadband.html

The bit that particularly interests me about this is that the BT TV app will become available on Samsung Smart TV's.

Does anyone know if this just means the latest / new models, or older ones as well? I have a couple of Samsung Smart TV's of different vintages and I have noticed that the apps that are available on them differ:  I assume that the TV's operating systems may change over time?

10 REPLIES
Sava57
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Announces New TV and Broadband Features

I’m hopefully that it will come to smart LG TVs as well in the future because it would be a lot more convenient to have everything in one place.
0 Ratings
Paul608085
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I'm sure that other manufacturers will be added if their installed base justifies it - I assume that either Samsung Smart TVs have the largest market share or are the easiest to implement the app on.

What I am particularly interested in though is will older TV's be compatible, or will it just be the latest or future models?

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 4 of 11

I'm surpised its not LG TV's as every other app appears on there. Also I would have thought LG tv sales would be one of the highest too.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

1. A new BT TV app will allow users to download and play content on the move for the first time.

This is the feature that grabs my attention if it includes their BT Sport coverage, in particular the MotoGP practise sessions.
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 6 of 11

I also hope the BT TV app will be on same older Samsung TVs as well as I got a Samsung full HD smart TV thats a late 2012 modal.

Also hope when they say coming to Apple TV it includes Apple TV 2nd gen box as my sister has a 2nd gen Apple TV box and uses my account to with the BT TV app pn her IPad.

Hope the look BT TV app comes in the next few months as i go on holiday at the end of the summer for a few days away and would love to be able to download shows to watch on the plane like you can do with 80% of stuff on Netflix.

Darren

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 7 of 11

I’m very pleased that Apple TV support is coming, *glares at All4*

You’ll be out of luck on the ATV2 front though, as it’ll be ATV4/ATV4K only as you’ll need to download it from the App Store; Apple has stopped supporting the earlier models.

[Update] All4 have confirmed they’re working on an Apple TV app too. Nothing frustrates more than ‘coming soon’ *glares at All4 and BT*
Sava57
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I would say the first app would be BT Sports as that’s what they keep pushing and possibly before next season.
The other BT channels are more lost leaders for BT.
0 Ratings
Sava57
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

My LG TV has Freesat +,Freeview +, Netflix app,Amazon app,Now Tv, YouTube and all catch channels so a lot of the time I find myself not turning on the BT Youview unless I want to record something.
Now a BT Tv app on LG TV with live tv, catch up of bt channels and opportunity to buy additional content would be useful and if they introduced a basic DVR option 10-20hr recording to the cloud with a upgrade to larger storage I would be very happy indeed.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

An Android TV version is too much to ask for?
0 Ratings