cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Bluetooth remote will not turn the TV off

Go to solution

Hi, I have a BT TV BOX PRO. I use it with my Samsung TV and all seems to work well apart from the Bluetooth remote. It turns both the TV and the BT box at the same time but when I try to switch them off it only switches the BT box off and I have to use the Samsung remote to turn the TV off. Is there a fix for this. Tried pressing 9 and the home button method but no joy. TIA.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Bluetooth remote will not turn the TV off

Go to solution

Hi @bigdaz 

have you tried a long press of the remote when switching off? I have a Pro Box with a SONY TV and it works for me. See a previous string: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/BT-TV-Box-Pro-won-t-turn-off-TV/td-p/2195987

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi BillyM,

I have tried the long press at different lengths of time and it does not sadly. I have just moved from Sky and that was how you had to turn the TV off. Thanks for trying to help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@bigdaz 

there is an old thread about this, not sure if it might help: https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-Pro-remote/td-p/2166071

Good luck with getting it sorted!

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi BillyM, 

I tried the long press again and kept the button pressed a long time. Now figures it out. Long press and the screen goes black.  I have waited a few seconds then the screen shows as if there is no HDMI source. I had been pressing on at that point because i thought i had failed but if i leave it when the screen comes back to life the TV switches off on its own. A bit of a weird process but i think it works.  Thanks again for your help and kindness.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Pleased you got it sorted. It took me a while to get the hang of the presses as well. If I press even longer it does a reboot of the SONY (this mirrors the long press on the power button on the SONY remote that does a reboot). A useful cue is the light that comes on the Pro Box when you press the remote to power off. it helped me sort my short/long/too long press timings!

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks BillyM, Very helpful and good answers. Cheers.

0 Ratings