cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Box Micro glitches

Over the last couple of weeks, we are seeing multiple micro glitches per night

The micro glitch, creates a black screen for about 1 to 2 seconds, no sound, no error messages. Then just as soon as the picture goes, it returns again.

Probably 1 to 2 glitches per hour.

Does not appear to be channel related, as same issue seen when running Netflix via the box.

When running the tv on its own inbuilt tuner, the glitches are not seen.

Any thoughts?

Overall the new box, updated as part of contract renewal in 2021, appears to have a few issues, especially when recording Moto GP on BT sport. Numerous failures to record and early cut-offs. Overall it could be at best be described as flakey

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Box Micro glitches

What about Freeview channels such as BBC1?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Glitch can be seen on free view channels, ITV2 etc, as well as channels such as BT Sport

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Still suffering same issue.

Have seen same problem when replaying recorded programs, but interestingly, if you have a glitch, and then step back and play the same section again, it will play without issue.

This suggests to me that it is the output stage which is failing sporadically. Have tried to off of its own internal tuner and no issues seen

Any last thoughts before I call BT for a new box?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Do you have any other devices  connected via HDMI to the TV ?

If so to eliminate  that they are causing or triggering the issue whilst viewing content from the BT Tv box I suggest that you disconnect those other devices and see if the problem occurs when only the BT Tv  Box is connected by HDMI .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I'd suggest trying a new HDMI cable to rule that out first. If it still happens, try another HDMI socket on the TV. 

I've had a couple of issues that were solved with a cable swap and a bigger one that needed a TV swap 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I get the same/similar issue, but on my TV it is seen as drop frames.  A sudden glitch that means the TV misses a beat.  I guess different TVs would cope with it in different ways.  If you rewind and replay, the drop frames are not seen.  Which means, as you say, it is to do with output from the box.

My personal view is it is to do with the refresh rate handling in the box, as if I plug in an old multi-room single tuner youview box, I never see the glitches and the actual picture seems much more stable and the cadence much more accurate. 

There is an actual bug that is easily reproducible that can be seen by turning the box's "frame rate matching" on that indicates there is something wrong with the way the box is handling refresh rate  :  https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-Pro-Box-Frame-Rate-Match-Bug-Always-60hz-when-frame-r...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi, I know this is an older post but I'm having a similar problem.

When i received the box originally, i couldn't use it because of the problem below, but it didn't matter as i watched via the TV app. Now i need the box trip record motogp, so I've reconnected it worth the same problem as before.

The box is connected to my Samsung TV via hdmi, and the TV had another hdmi device attached which is a media player.

I have a black picture glitch, but mine is when watching videos through my media player. When i disconnect the hdmi and aerial from the bt box the problem ceases, so the bt box is causing the screen to go black when watching another hdmi device. If i disconnect the hdmi from the bt box and plug it into the TV there is a small spark and the screen goes black for a second or so.

I really need a fix for this as i can't keep disconnecting cables.

Marcus.

0 Ratings