cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Box Pro Uncontrollable?

Now, just when I think this shower can't throw anything else at me, they do.

How does one do a 'hard reset' on the BT Box Pro?  No buttons to do so?, unless I'm missing something?

My situation is well documented on here with 'no internet', but this has nothing to do with that, rather, this new box has stopped responding, even though I only have channels 1-5 ATM, but a power off (pull the plug) results in it working fine for a mere 20 secs, then nothing?  Changed batteries in remote, but it ain't that, as it lights up just fine on a button press.  No way to turn box off, unless pulling power?, pressing button on front does nothing, holding does nothing, little used, no recordings on disk.  If I could get to 'factory reset' in menu quick enough, then I could try that, but I'm not quick enough before it all stops responding again?  Really?  It's barely out of the packaging, I have no connection, and nothing has been recorded to disk.  TV plays in background, so I suspect a 'communication' problem?

Manual/leaflet for this thing is dreadful, so no help there.  

Any suggestions?, apart from what I wish to do with it 🙂

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Box Pro Uncontrollable?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

It don't work!, as I said, non-responsive.

When I do above it sits blank for ages, then boots to TV, of which I then have 20 secs to use my remote, before cut off.  Old box used to give me options of reset etc, keep this and that etc?  Power on keeps light on front purple, constant, no matter what buttons one is pressing, and light stays on once booted, in fact, it's never off, unless powered off, by pulling plug.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Managed to quickly factory reset in menu, after many tries, lol, but guess what?  No connection, no can do setup 😅  So the channels I did have (1-5 on aerial) are no longer available to me either.  Excellent!  Just what I wanted BT. (unless there is any way to bypass 'setup broadband connection'?), which I'll hazard a guess as to, NO!? lol.  

On a brighter note, I can move between Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi WPS, Wired, or Help Connecting, so remote is working fine, and seems very responsive now, just that none are any good to me whatsoever.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I think Normally  part of a setup process for a new or fully reset Youview  box would be the acceptance  of Youview  T&Cs so if you have  no Internet  connection  to your box you wouldn't  be able to complete  that action.

0 Ratings