Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

BT Boxes

Go to solution

After a pleasnt couple of hours (not !!) rummaging around in the shed I have found a starter BTTV box ...T2200

I also found a ....T2100/500g/BT/DF that I thought had gone

My question is.....is it viable to use the Humax box or is it getting a bit long in the tooth as it were ?

Or does the T2200 box have advantages that are worthwhile enough to use

I only watch the sport (football) & occasionally other programmes via a "box" as I dislike a pile of boxes under/around the tv

Most of my viewing is done on a Samsung "smart" tv using the "free to air" channels & the  "iPlayer" type of options for time shift recording.  It is connected to my home network.

Cheers

D*ck

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Boxes

Go to solution

Both the DTR2100 and the DT 2200 Currently continue to receive the latest software updatesand should be suitable for you to use. As the DTR2100 has a hard drive it has the advantage of being able to record and would enable you to pause  live tv for a longer period.  if you have not used the boxes for a while you will probably need to update the box software  which normally  occurs when you connect it to the internet and switch  on. A retune may also be needed as several Freeview channel changes have occurred this year.

dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Boxes

Go to solution

Thanks Zulu

I'll go with the Humax box then Smiley Happy

Time to buy some 1m ethernet cables as well as a couple of "powerlines" as I remember one of the ones I was using was getting a bit uncomfortably hot to the touch & will need replacing  on a "just in case" basis

Cheers

D*ck

0 Ratings