cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul1963
Message 1 of 9

BT Freeview

Hi 

Going to get a BT viewing box ether the t1000 or 2100 not sure which I have just cancelled my sky TV also have BT sports is the any way I can add my BT sports account to a viewing box

many thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Freeview

BT Sports is an addon to any BTTV package, which means you would need an active BTTV subscription to have BT Sports.
BT will provide you with the Youview box when you subscribe, to have BTTV you do need to be a BT broadband customer.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

You would have to add a BT Vision to your BT Broadband account and start with the basic non-recordable box and add BT sport to that.

Then you could use your own YouView box if you wish, but you would be better off just getting it from BT, as part of your BT YouView package.

You cannot simply add sport to a box you have bought, without a BT Vision subscription, as that is how BT Sport is delivered, over the Internet, its not the same as Sky.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

So you mean you had a BT Sport to watch when you had Sky and you want to move your BT Sport account to your new BT Youview box?

You are a BT customer but you will need to change your product to watch BT Sport on the Youview box.

To watch BT Sport on a Youview box you need to have BT Superfast broadband connected up to your box, and you need to sign up to a BT TV subscription (in place of your BT Sport on Sky product).

0 Ratings
robotman1
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

@Keith_Beddoe  It's a long time since I saw the words BT & Vision together on any of BT's web pages. Are they changing the BTTV name back to BT Vision? Surely the OP needs a BT Youview box, or am I missing something glaringly obvious here?

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 6 of 9

It not been called BT Vision for a few years now and the old Vision service closed down.

As far as I know its been called BT TV with Youview for well over 2 years now.

As said you will need one of the BT fibre packages to add BT Sport to a Youview box.

Maybe better to also get a BT TV package that inculdes BT Sport.

Darren

robotman1
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I for one wouldn't wish the old clunky Vision service on anyone. Probably won't be long until it's just called BTTV anyway with the divergence from Youview itself now very evident. Not a minute too soon if you ask me 😀

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Presumably anyone picking up an old BT Vision box from a car boot sale can still use it for Freeview?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ney
Expert
Message 9 of 9

Even if someone did pick up an old Vision box on the cheap the old Vision boxes cant pick up any of the HD versions of the Freeview channels and in the long term they would be better spending a little more and getting a good Freeview Play box or a retail Youview box.

Glad I waited till a year after Youview came out before getting BT TV and never went for the old Vision service.

Darren