cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srpsrp
Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT Give Away ( your subs that is)

We’ll unlock BT Sport 2 at 6pm for Sky customers. It’ll be SD only & for most it’ll be on ch433. Som...

Just seen this on twitter, BT happy to give away the football rights we have paid for ( even though a lot like me do not even watch sports) but making no efforts to fix all the problems reported with the latest software. What say you ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Give Away ( your subs that is)

Meh indifferent. They are doing it to get people to Watch then want more next season so will subscribe to bt sport next season.

If its free on terrestrial anyway and free on youtube having it free on sky just fulfills their promise to make the champions league final free as widely as possible.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

And bear in mind that the rights BT paid for were conditional on the final being made available FTA so they are not "giving away" anything.

More open to criticism maybe is the move of the Showcase channel to a Freeview MUX that is not as widely available as it is lower powered even if does help answer the PQ issue by now being in HD.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 4 of 5

@gomezz wrote:

And bear in mind that the rights BT paid for were conditional on the final being made available FTA so they are not "giving away" anything.

More open to criticism maybe is the move of the Showcase channel to a Freeview MUX that is not as widely available as it is lower powered even if does help answer the PQ issue by now being in HD.

what's the channel number of the showcase channel I don't think it's on freeview is it? There are only a few HD channels.

It makes me angry to think I might be paying part of the £1.2B  when I don't watch footy ( much) 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Freeview channel 115. Too late now but there is always the highlights on ITV in 40 minutes.
0 Ratings