Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albert123
Message 1 of 3

BT Humax DTR T1000 "Nearly Ready" problem

Go to solution

New to this forum.

Having scoured this forum for a fix to this problem and not found anything, am I correct that I have to bin the box and buy a new one?

I have had the box for about 2 - 3 years. No problems until about a month ago. Took the hard drive out and it appears to be OK connected to a Linux box and running a disk check on it.

Have re-flashed the box firmware. Done a factory reset. makes no difference.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Humax DTR T1000 "Nearly Ready" problem

Go to solution

Hi

Might be worth you asking on the 'hummy dot tv' forum (not allowed to post a direct link here afaik)

In particular, see the posting titled: DTR-T1000: recovering from 'Nearly Ready' in their YouView forum.

0 Ratings
albert123
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Humax DTR T1000 "Nearly Ready" problem

Go to solution

Hoorah! Managed to fix it.

How? I replaced the 500GB hard drive with a new one. Put the T1000 in 'maintenance mode' , selected 'USB firmware update - delete recordings', follow the on-screen instructions and let it do its stuff. After setting up, it is back to as good as new.

No idea what is wrong with the old hard drive - I conneted it to a Linux Mint PC and did a thorough disk check and it came up OK, no errors. I can even play most of the recording on the disk on the Linux Mint PC. It is possible that there is a corrupt system file on the disk that is caused the problem - though I would have thought that the operating system in the T1000 (Linux?) should have detected and repaired it.

I will try and transfer my recordings from the old disk to the new disk - see how easy or difficult that is to do. Watch this space!!!

0 Ratings