Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jiffy1
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT Internet channel break up

Go to solution
Hi Keith, I reported a noisy line, and the guy said there was no fault, even though I can hear shooshing noise while talking to him! So where do I go from here. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

@Jiffy1 wrote:
Hi Keith, I reported a noisy line, and the guy said there was no fault, even though I can hear shooshing noise while talking to him! So where do I go from here. Thanks.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Jiffy1
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution
Thanks for your help Keith, have a good day.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Jiffy1

Thanks for posting back.

I have sent you a private message with advice on how you can get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Jiffy1 did you get the chance to set up and try the new powerline adapters? Post back and  let me know if they've helped. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Jiffy1
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

Hi Nial, been trying the network adapters in various ways, come to conclusion its probably my house wiring causing problems. If i put the adapter in the back room and run a long LAN vable round to it, it works perfectly, If i connect laptop and do a speedtest i get between 50 to 65 mbps, putting adapter in original place, still getting break up, and speedtest results of 0.5 to 11 mbps......So, in conclusion seems like wiring not supporting adapters. I'm waiting on a call from my sparks, maybe he can put both the circuits i need on the same BUS, will let you know. Thanks for all your help.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Jiffy1 thanks for the update and sorry about the delay getting back to you.  Those checks do point to a problems with the electrical wiring especially when they work without issue on the socket located in your back room. I really hope your sparky can come up with a solution for you and please do post back to let us know the outcome. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Jiffy1
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution
Thanks Neil, he hasn't answered yet, prefer him as he knows the layout maybe. Will keep you posted.
0 Ratings
Jiffy1
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Hi Neil, Today i managed to get my adapters working properly, i have run an extension through the wall to a socket which is on the same ring as my router! can now have 2   4 k videos playing, spotify, and laptop all at the same time. Happy bunny. thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Jiffy1  thanks for posting back and good news to hear all is sorted. I'll let @NeilO  know it's fixed.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings