Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muttley33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

BT Max/BT UHD - at my wit's end

Go to solution

So long story short - received an email offering BT Max which I accepted. Have my YouView+ UHD box delivered and working. Speed test in BT Player on UHD+ Box says my line speed is good enough for UHD. Router syncs at 55Meg. BT Speed checker always gives between 51-52Meg.

Have been on phone over 6 hours this week being passed around various departments. Have now been told I'm wrong package as my line is only 36Meg??? My line has never been that slow. Have just been told by one a lady in the technical department that if i order Inifinity 2 (I'm on Infinity 1) my estimated line speed will go up and they can switch on the UHD.....

So my router - always syncs at 55Meg

BT Speed Test = always gives 51-52Meg

BT UHD Box Speed Test - "Yes you can have UHD"

Yet still I cannot get UHD apparently, but it's OK to send me a UHD box and 55Meg isn't quick enough????

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Muttley33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Max/BT UHD - at my wit's end

Go to solution

Oh and at my wit's end as have just finished phone call of 3 hours and 8 minutes whilst I'm passed back and forward around BT....

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

I had a similar experience except I found out before I upgraded to uhd that the speeds I get aren't good enough (so obviously I didn't bother). Thing is my speeds/sync etc are almost identical to yours. It's a shame really as Netflix uhd/4k is phenomenal on my tv. 

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Muttley33

Sorry you've been having such a difficult time with your service.

Happy to have a look at this and try assist you with this issue.

If you want to send me you telephone number via PM I can discuss the issue with yourself.

Thank you.

Community ModeratorGemma
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
ozsat
Expert
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

I was told all would be good too - and the UHD box came

It took 5 weeks before they said the line speed was not good enough for UHD -  even though the UHD box says the line speed is good enough for UHD.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
david1982
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
So please tell me all you experts out there. I just upgraded to total entertainment for 4k/uhd on infinity 1 line speed as previously mentioned. I'm on holiday at present although hub and box are coming by weekend. Am I wasting my time
0 Ratings
Muttley33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Who knows? We're able to watch 2 simultaneous Netlix UHD streams in our house, but according to BT the line is not quick or stable to watch a single BT UHD stream?????

And @Gemma_P - the reason I'm given for not getting it is because of the speed returned by the BT Wholesale checker is too low - Have got another mod looking at this already.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Muttley33,

Thanks for posting. We have your email but it hasn't been picked up yet. The quickest way to get this looked into would be if you message the details to @Gemma_P who is a BT TV expert and can deal with this for you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Muttley33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM

I had left it with you as I know the reason I'm not allowed to have the UHD channel it is because of the (wrong) speed being reported by th BT Wholesale checker - I was hoping to get that database updated, as it's not really a BT TV problem? However, I will also message @Gemma_P with the details as requested.

0 Ratings
Muttley33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Just an update and to post something positive about BT support - @Gemma_P has been in contact several times and has sorted everything that needed sorting - I couldn't have asked for a better support service and has restored my faith in BT. :smileyhappy: 

0 Ratings