cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Max/Max HD Package

Quick query, we recently decided to stay with BT and upgraded our TV package to Entertainment Max as it worked out slightly cheaper than sticking with Entertanment then adding the Sports pack and HD pack. As far as I believe we have all the channels except the UHD channel which is fine as we don't have the UHD box or a 4K TV. We were told £13.50 which I agreed to but when on the BT website the upgrade to Entertainment Max for existing customers is £12.00. When I called to discuss this the staff member told me the difference was we had the Sports channels in HD but I thought the Max package included all the HD channels? Considering theres not a lot of TV packages to choose from BT still manage to make it confusing whats included in each. It's £1.50 per month difference so not the end of the world but it all helps.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/manage-tv

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Max/Max HD Package

Unfortunately promotions seem to change quite often for BT TV and they also change the packages which indeed can be very confusing. If you log into 'MyBT' and scroll down the page to 'Your Package' and select 'BT TV' it will take you to your BT TV package. From there choose 'Upgrade your TV' which will open a new page. Scroll down until you see 'Manage your Bolt-ons'. Clicking that will take you through what is available to you.

On the BT TV page you linked to it shows Total Entertainment at £15 which I'd be interested in at that price. When I go through the above process I've posted up for you I only get Total Entertainment offered to me at the original price of £21 and no way of saving any more off my Entertainment Max package which I also pay £13.50 for.

The person you spoke to on the phone effectively told you a mistruth(!). There is no difference in the package you have and the one now being promoted at £12.

Maybe someone else will come on and point you in a different direction.

See here https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54941/~/what-channels-you-get-with-entertainment-max for what you get on Entertainment Max. There is a new Max/Max HD package which is different from Entertainment Max but that's not the one you refer to anyway but here's a link anyway https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52653/~/what-channels-and-bolt-ons-you-get-with-the-...

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

***UPDATE***

From the link you posted I pressed 'Upgrade now' beneath the package and it took me through the order process. I didn't go as far as checkout so can't be sure if I'd definitely have got my price lowered to £12 BUT it's worth noting that it states that your broadband and tv packages would both be recontracted for 24 months, with that offer price for tv lasting the full 24 months.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for your help and replies, I agreed to a 24 months contract for my infinity to save the hassle of switching or renegitiating for a while but my TV contract is just 12 months, as you say the £12.00 offer will tie you into a 24 month contract which I would prefer no to do as I may well go back to Sky at some point. Still cant see the difference in the Max packages that the staff member was on about.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

That's because there is no difference. Either they hadn't a clue what they were talking about or were trying to mislead you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

It would be a lot easier if BT just included everything that was a free option into the packs rather than making you select them seperately, if AMC is free with your package just include it, if you don't want to watch it dont tune into that channel. Same with the Sports pack and the HD pack, if they're included in the price why do they seem to be optional?? It just makes simple things complicated for no reason. And if BT "realign" their packs with different content it would make life simpler if they gave them totally different names to the old packs to avoid further confusion.

0 Ratings