Mine has gone up but I've never received any written notification. I did renegotiate mt TV package last month and was told the new price over the phone but I still think there should be written notification. I never received anything about the BT TV App Extra offer either and from what I've read on here, I think I meet the criteria.
I think that BT's systems are very flakey, every time a change is made on my account I get the "Error retrieving your details" error.
Did anyone get an email about the tv package going up in price? I've just seen it on my bill. My discount is still there, but thr price has gone up. I've received no notification of this.
Hi @Cazzy1987 Ditto. I asked for a copy of the letter (which I never received) which arrived this week dated July 2018.
Here's some advice on this matter based upon my own experience.
I had a direct payment change because of a change in how I was going to be billed going forward... I did not receive any warning about this, no email... I don't get postal mail from BT, it's all done through email these days...
So, purely based upon my own experience... BT do seem to sometimes change customers billing circumstances without informing them... it happened to me, so I'm not surprised others are reporting similar things.
1. Here my advice, take a moment to get your facts and argument together before contacting BT.
2. Getting through to the right person at BT makes all the difference to how your complaint is dealt with.
3. Keep calm when on chat or the phone, I don't... it's a weakness I have, and it's something I need to learn to control.
4. Ask BT when the notification went out, look at your emails to see if you received anything, check your spam email as well...
5. If no notification was received then ask for BT to explain why, and ask if they can offer you some kind of address, so either the notification period you should have had, or a discount, or refund...
Better still... BT just post a forum post with details and instructions on how people can contact you if they think they have are affect by this...
I got the emails back in July (I think). As I'd just (at that time) negotiated a new contract then BT gave me a goodwill gesture refund of the increased amounts over the contract term as a credit to my account.
Unfortunately have to agree about BT's strange system, we received our letter re.price rise but no information about BTtv App. extra.
It's not compulsory to take out a BT TV App Extra subscription?
I rarely if ever used the old BT TV app so I've not bothered with the Extra app.