cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT PRO TV Box - availability

Hi all!   Just a question about the BT Pro TV Box, yesterday i renewed my contract by phone to customer services for Broadband (Halo 3+) and BT Sport (with Now TV Entertainment and HD addons), for a further 24 months, but nothing was mentioned about the Pro box, should i have spoken about it at the time or am i not entitled to one?  I did a dummy run of a order earlier, but as well as the delivery charge, was also gong to be charged for installation (?). Though reading some of the comments on this forum about various issues with the box, dubious if it is a good idea or not?!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT PRO TV Box - availability

There's quite a few bugs with the Pro Box that are slowly being fixed... The latest issue I've found is when exiting Prime, the box needs to be rebooted 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I wonder if your bug with Prime will be fixed when the new UX rolls out, or is it on the BT version of the app already?

New Prime Video UXNew Prime Video UX

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@GarryJwrote:

...should i have spoken about it at the time or am i not entitled to one?

I would of, can't see why you shouldn't be entitled to one as a long standing customer. I would call them back personally and ask the question.

I can't speak to current box bugs though as I don't have one, but it is clearly a faster and more future services ready device.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

As it got delayed for so long I was expecting it to be almost bug free on release.

But even now over a year later the bug still has quite a few bugs.

@NigelB72wrote:

There's quite a few bugs with the Pro Box that are slowly being fixed... The latest issue I've found is when exiting Prime, the box needs to be rebooted 🙄

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Many thanks for the advice!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I did phone about the BT Pro box earlier, and yes i am entitled to one, £9.99 postage (no worries), but also a £30 activation fee, which was when i declined the offer at the moment, i know it is not too much for a brand new box, but with people reporting there are still bugs with the box that need to be ironed out, will stick with my older 2100 boxes at the moment!

Message 8 of 8

HI @ozsat I Agree.  BT aren't looking at the big issues. The last two releases are purely aesthetic.  The previous one to help find a lost remote - who loses an eight inch remote? The latest is just a visual enhancement.

No news on the technical details that have been long standing for 18 months, still waiting for the 5.1 sound issue, which is one of the main reason I got the box.

Tags (1)