Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT Player and entertainment channels not working

Go to solution

Hi I have this problem but the above has not resolved the issue. I have called BT numerous times as I beleive they have not activated my BT TV correctly but they don't appear to be able to resolve this

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Player suddenly has stopped working, entertainment channels not working

Go to solution
I can't spend another hour on the phone to get nowhere so any assistance would be welcomed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Shadley1000 Sorry that you are having a fault with your BTTV service. I've moved your post to create your own thread as the previous thread has already been resolved. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 10

Re: BT Player and entertainment channels not working

Go to solution

yep same here, 3rd time in as many updates here. You have to do a reset/keep recordings if that procedure you linked to doesn't work. Good luck !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Ok I have tried the factory reset and still no luck .. During the reset it said I do not have BT TV ... It also says this on my account when I trouble-shoot ... It's pretty clear BT have not activated this but nobody can help when I call up and they keep putting me on hold and then cutting me off ... So close to cancelling and getting Sky
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

I think you have a different problem to be acutally. I get problems when trying to watch in the early hours (3-4 am). I wonder if it's because BT is doing a lots of box upgrades that some how slow the network down.

Yesterday I got some IPC erors again and non of the recorded programme thumbnails were showing up,  however power cycling the router solved it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@srpsrp

There is a known issue which Youview have posted on in the Youview Community forum as being currently under investigation re missing thumbnails. It's something I think they have found difficult to pin down as to the reason for this behaviour as it manifests itself at random times and on random channels.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Shadley1000,

Thank you for sending in your details and for taking my call today. I've ran a few checks on your service and I've picked up a mis-match with the TV service and Broadband. This has been corrected, you'll need to restart your BT TV and Hub.

If it isn't working right away, check for a software update in the BT TV settings and lastly try launching the BT player. This will refresh your entitlement and should get the TV service working again.

I'll give you a call tomorrow to make sure that back working for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Hi Paddy thanks for your call ... Everything is working now and we have everything we are subscribed for ... Cheers for resolving this for us
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Shadley1000,

Thank you for posting back, I'm happy to hear your BT TV is back working for you Smiley Happy

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings