Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 81 of 96

Re: BT Player on Youview Rebrand - Early Access

Generally a favourable first use

The Search  for Cast & Crew doesn't seem to be working -  typed in some stars who are in the starring list for movies in the Box Office movies and it returned 0 results

When selecting a movies and the selecting the More Like This option the  same original movie selected appears as one of the listed movies.

When scrolling up and down longer lists of programmes (example ALL New BT Sports) the button descriptions List View or Image View frequently and the Add Bookmark button descriptions are not being  refreshed. You can still select the buttons on the remote but you are doing so from memory.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 82 of 96

Thanks Scointer,

The good news is that the new UI is still using the existing catalogue so once the majority of people have the new UI we can start to tidy up the data.

Steve
Community ModeratorSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 83 of 96

Thanks Zulu, will feed back to the devs 🙂 can I update your status from expert to king bug hunter? Haha
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
mikealanr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 96

Well after some messing around I have finally got the update! Thanks Steve for all your help. First impressions are wow! What an improvement.

The only thing I've found so far is when I go from image view to list view, and close the app and go back in I have to push red to go back to list view. It would be nice if it could remember your selection. Although it's funny on the old player I preferred it in image view!

Mike
0 Ratings
digitaltvmad
Contributor
Message 85 of 96

As I am not a tester with BT for youview and have not been on this forum long ...
I would like ask if this nation wide update that all boxes with power on will get or is it by region and network ?
As I just do not have on my box today. ..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 86 of 96

Haven't got the update on my box yet 😞 Is it still rolling out to those who PMmd you Steve?

0 Ratings
henburyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 87 of 96

Update went smoothly after reboot. No problems so far
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 88 of 96

The new look BT player seems quicker and overall seems fine.

My sister as of last night is now letting me use her Netflix account via my Samsung smart TV in my bedroom. Not fully used it yet as my BT Infinity went down for a short while but from what I have seen Netflix seems to offer a lot more choice of films than BT film dose and even one or two films that are on BT box office are part of her £6.99 Netflix monthly fee.

Not that I watch a lot of films but I do like to watch maybe 1 or 2 films a month.

Darren

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 89 of 96

@barnpiece wrote:

The main menu suggests looking in the Help as the BT Player interface is new.

Under BT Player I immediately notice top tips and looked at those. They really ought to work 🙂

Richard

Hi Richard, I've re-written the Top-Tips page to remove that. I've replaced it with a couple of other tips though 🙂

Steve

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
zolah
Contributor
Message 90 of 96

Steve I got a pm from you saying that the update was ready but I can't get it to update.

I've tried updating on demand player and also turned power off to the box and then tried to update again but still no joy.

Can you help me get this sorted please?

Thanks. I have also PM you.
0 Ratings