cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Pro Box - End of programmes cut off when recording

Hi everyone,

When we record something on the Pro box it will cut the last few minutes off a program, is there a work around for this?

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Pro Box - End of programmes cut off when recording

Hi @davidwindle9 

Accurate recording (AR) which would cover these small overruns on the schedule timings  is there on the box but not on all the channels.  So for example on the main Free to Air and the BT Sport channels  I would expect  normally the AR to function  but not currently  on the NOW channels  and some of the smaller  Free to Air channels. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply, it's happening C4 and E4

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I sometimes get this on BT Sport Ultimate - and it can end 2 hours early.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@davidwindle9  if you receiving  C4 and E4 via an aerial  to your BT TV Box Pro  then it would be the Freeview channel transmission that has the issue or is the box in IP mode where it would be down to data provided on that stream. ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

It's on IP mode

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@davidwindle9  thanks for confirming. 

On 30Aug this was the reported status 

"accurate recording" is actually available on ALL of the "DUK" channels on our service - i.e. the DTT channels distributed over IP.  You should find that all recordings scheduled in internet mode will start and stop at exactly the same times that they would have over your TV aerial.  It's also available on the BT Sport channels, where we have full access to the data.  It's not currently available on all the other IP channels (e.g. the Now TV channels), but we're trying to get hold of the data."

Now I would expect C4 to have AR  Not sure whether channel 4  do  AR on  E4.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Maybe completely unrelated but a couple of posters have reported a recent trend in clipped recordings on Youview Freeview channels in this thread on the Youview community 

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7607027/failed-short-clipped-recordings#latest

0 Ratings