cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 107

BT Pro Box surround sound

Hi, do any of the BT TV guys on here have any outlook on when the surround/5.1 sound issue will be fixed?

i.e. th Pro Box not being to distguish between sound source, meaning user has to constantly switch between stereo and surround sound.

TIA

106 REPLIES 106
Message 2 of 107

Re: BT Pro Box surround sound

Hasn't been picked up by dev yet - still in the queue, so I'd estimate a couple of months at the very minimum I'm afraid.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 107

Really poor from BT tech, as this was one of the main selling points. If this was any shop bought purchase item, fit for purpose would have seen it returned.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 107

Not BT tech - YouView tech. They write the software on all the YouView boxes.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 107

Ok Darren. Stand corrected.
Although, then BT shouldn't have accepted a 3rd party product that doesn't work to sell to their customers advertising it's supposed virtues.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 107

Hi

Just wondering if there is any update on this issue - it is still a problem?  I received my new Pro box yesterday and have the same problem, have updated software to latest version.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 107

@ICTNO1 @DarrenDev 

Not to my knowledge.  I would say BT Tech support have given up, and are still promoting thisPro Box as the bee's knees. it's not.

Surround sound 5.1/2.0 still not working.

Remote IR still only works on line of sight. (Yes, I;ve, done all the recommended fixes).

The box works, ut not as advertised. C@@@

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 107

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.  Frustrating hour or so of my life spent last night trying lots of different things assuming a setting was wrong on my Sony AV Receiver or a cable issue, or that I was just being plain stupid as was a bit tired!  

Particularly perplexing is the way the 4k UHD box (previous gen) I have doesn't do this for the surround sound - just changes automatically.  I have swapped it back for now as it's a deal breaker for me - can't imagine changing the setting manually each time - will drive me nuts.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 107

We've not given up on the surround sound issue - it's still in the list to be fixed.
Confused by the IR comment though - the selling point of the new remote is that it's Bluetooth, so no line of sight required. IR by its very nature will always be line of sight.
Message 10 of 107

Additionally - I got an answer on why the surround sound is different on this box. It's new hardware and new drivers, so the software control is all new. It's just a bug - not an intentional change.